Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't get how Rudolph didn't get any games? He's not completely blameless here? 

I'm sure he'll be fined, but that doesn't really make up for the double standard there. I agree that Rudolph needed a game or two off for his role. It was certainly at least on par with what Larry Ogunjobi did in the mess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nayad said:

Overreaction, 4 games is fair to me. He's had no past issues, plus Rudolph initiated it. 

Really??

Rudolph started it, no doubt. He should've been suspended at least 1 game. But, when you rip off a player's helmet and hit him with it, you deserve a very long suspension. 4 games is absolutely not enough. 

6 weeks the rest of this year seems too short I be happy if they said suspended for a season. So 6 games this year and 10 next year his lucky he didn’t really hurt, blind or even kill him with helmet swing. Anywhere else but a football field he would be in jail for assault with deadly weapon.

Must be the Australian in me wanted a harsher penalty if it’s only the rest of this season I wouldn’t be happy nfl needs to send a message this can’t be tolerated.

An example in our Aussie rules football game last year a player named Andrew gaff miss aimed his chest punch (they punch each other in the chest area all the time since any  head contact is a big no no)  and hit Andre Bradshaw in the jaw and broke it. He never done anything dirty in his 8 year career even thou it was accidental it was a poor look for the afl and they gave him an 8 game ban which did included the finals and grand final (our Super Bowl) which his team made. Myles action to me was worse it was deliberate, not in play, on national tv, plus not his first dirty act this season. 

13 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

6 weeks the rest of this year seems too short I be happy if they said suspended for a season. So 6 games this year and 10 next year his lucky he didn’t really hurt, blind or even kill him with helmet swing. Anywhere else but a football field he would be in jail for assault with deadly weapon.

Must be the Australian in me wanted a harsher penalty if it’s only the rest of this season I wouldn’t be happy nfl needs to send a message this can’t be tolerated.

An example in our Aussie rules football game last year a player named Andrew gaff miss aimed his chest punch (they punch each other in the chest area all the time since any  head contact is a big no no)  and hit Andre Bradshaw in the jaw and broke it. He never done anything dirty in his 8 year career even thou it was accidental it was a poor look for the afl and they gave him an 8 game ban which did included the finals and grand final (our Super Bowl) which his team made. Myles action to me was worse it was deliberate, not in play, on national tv, plus not his first dirty act this season. 

Aussie rules football is hella fun to watch. I wish I had easier access to regular games.

8 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

Agree, but remember, he still may be formally suspended for next yr games too. Probably won't be, is my guess. He's a huge market asset, in the League's view, so I'd bet they are betting on all this simmering to nothing by decision time next year. 

To your last sentence, I still can't wrap my head around it. If I were to head out on the street, and find someone to bash with a helmet in hand, I am pretty sure I would be arrested for assault and battery.. probably" with a deadly weapon"... I'm no lawyer. What a coward to do so while fully protected with his own helmet. That's what I couldn't get beyond. 

As I’ve said in previous posts, what Garrett did was horrible and I was the first to post in this thread to suspend him all year, so just want to be clear I’m not apologizing for Garrett. 

To me, what Haynesworth did was much worse. And what Burfict has consistently done is much worse. To me, the reason for suspend Garrett THIS year is THIS incident. If the league wants to do longer, I think it needs to be because of the pattern of disregard for player safety. Obviously he ended one guys season this year and tried to use a weapon to end another’s, or much worse. 

But the reason I don’t think this particular incident is enough for a long term ban is it was a legit fight. And if he was the little guy and the big bad guy did what Rudolph did, I think we’d all be looking at it different. Find me one guy in the league who can have a guy try to rip his helmet off, kick him in the balls, and then run right back at him for more after being separated, and wouldn’t just lose it and continue to fight. 

Bashing him with a helmet is taking it to a whole new level, don’t get me wrong. But this single incident doesn’t mean Garrett’s our to hurt people.  Now, if they look at some of his other hits this year, and I’ll admit I haven’t done the research, but if they look at those and decide he’s really out to hurt people, then throw whatever penalty you want at him. 

And I was rooting for Rudolph up until this point. But now I can’t stand the guy. He had a bad game, temper got out of hand, which happens so all good there, and then he starts and continues the fight and then starts talking about Garrett being a bully? God I’m sick of that term in America these days as is, but in no way was Garrett the bully. Rudolph absolutely lost it, and had Garrett just punched him rather than tried to kill him with a helmet, I’d be saying served you right to Rudolph. 

12 minutes ago, straighthate said:

But the reason I don’t think this particular incident is enough for a long term ban is it was a legit fight.

You lost me here.

There's nothing legit about a fully protected man bashing an unprotected man with a weapon that the unprotected man doesn't even possess in his hand or on his head. It would have been horrible and wrong for protected Myles to punch unprotected Mason with a fist. To swing at his unprotected head with a helmet? 

That alone.. despite all the other details available.. is why I would smile at Myles being tossed out of the League permanently.. as well as prosecuted for deadly battery. 

Bashing him with a helmet is taking it to a whole new level, don’t get me wrong. But

Agree... and don't think it needs to be followed up with a "but" at all. Any man that would do this has serious mental issues that should not be dismissed or overlooked. Actions like this are why we have prisons or perhaps asylums. 

On 11/15/2019 at 10:00 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't get how Rudolph didn't get any games? He's not completely blameless here? 

NFL likely reasoned that this would actually be beneficial to the team after watching Rudolph play. 

• Like 1

@oldman9er I don’t know if the first thing you quoted was misinterpreted or I wasn’t clear. What I’m saying is this was a fight. There was no football act, on either side. Where I see Burfict for example as worse is because when he hurts someone, they’re doing what they’re supposed to be doing, playing football. He just tries to hurt someone minding their own business. 

This incident (not talking about the late hits, helmet to helmet, all that stuff that Garrett is guilty of too this year) was a true, one guy wants to hurt the other guy fight. That’s what I’m saying was different. Rudolph wasn’t just running by him looking for a receiver and Garrett slammed him with a helmet in hand. It was an ugly fight, and it’s different to me. Emotion is a little different. Intent certainly is different. But the use of a weapon makes in inexcusable. 

I’m a big boxing fan. I guess I see a parallel with Mike Tyson getting into a couple street brawls outside the ring, notably with Mitch Green, and while it wasn’t okay and his license was reviewed, it was a fight and tempers are different when there’s a fight. But when Tyson bit Holyfield’s ear, while different level. Holyfield’s just doing why he’s supposed to be doing, and suddenly he’s missing part of his ear. 

My point is Rudolph, particularly by kicking Garrett in the nuts, turned it into a fight and you can’t assume the same sportsmanship and protections when that happens. 

And just a reminder, I’ve said a bunch of times, including being the first one while watching the game, that he should be suspended all season. Just don’t wanna hear that I’m defending Garrett because I’m not. I’m just also not defending Rudolph who seems to be getting off with nothing.

Let’s go Patriots. Didn’t think I’d worry about the Eagles but we could be in a battle for the wild card if the next several weeks don’t go well. Even the Falcons are starting to play well. Certainly possible we go something like 2-6 in the back half of the season and are squeaking by at 10-6. Hoping for 12 wins though. 

4 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Baltimore Lamar Jackson is going to destroy us. 

Nah. We are going to force him into enough mistakes to take home the W. 

He will have his amazing few plays to keep them close.. but we got this. :) 

• Like 1