What happened to the Saints defense?

Elky

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I can and do have him over Thomas. Evans is better.

LOL ok, I wish there was a way to poll NFL GM's to get their opinion, because I'd be willing to bet cash that wouldn't be the case. Thomas might be THE BEST reciever in the NFL right now. Dude has caught 38 or 40 targets and is a YAC machine and just plucks balls out of the air over double teams. 

Sorry, Thomas is better than Evans, it isn't really a debate. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

This is a hot take. Evans disappears pretty frequently I feel like.Thomas has been unstoppable this season, teams know the balls going to Kamara/Thomas and they still make plays.

Pay  no mind, Thomas is superior to Evans, end of conversation. 

To answer the question though, they're a young defense and they overachieved to an extent last year. They're still starting a lot of 1st/2nd year guys. The interior DL is pretty bad and the LBs aren't very athletic outside of Davis. I think by seasons end they'll be a defense ranked around 12-15 which is fine with how good their offense is.

Saints probably wish they had kept next years 1st though and just traded for Khalil Mack.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

To answer the question though, they're a young defense and they overachieved to an extent last year. They're still starting a lot of 1st/2nd year guys. The interior DL is pretty bad and the LBs aren't very athletic outside of Davis. I think by seasons end they'll be a defense ranked around 12-15 which is fine with how good their offense is.

Saints probably wish they had kept next years 1st though and just traded for Khalil Mack.

Doubt it, Davenport has looked like an animal, plus they are gonna have to pay Ingram, Thomas, Kamara, Lattimore, Bridgewater. They are gonna need the cap. 

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

This is a hot take. Evans disappears pretty frequently I feel like.Thomas has been unstoppable this season, teams know the balls going to Kamara/Thomas and they still make plays.

Agreed. There's no way I'm taking Evans over Thomas at this point. Thomas just keeps getting better each season.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

I know... SO WHY WONT THEY PLAY HIM?!?!?!

His snaps have went up every game, they will continue to do so, if u watched towards the end of the game they kicked Cameron jordan inside to 3-tech DT and had both okafor and davenport on the field. I expect Davenport to become the starter very soon. It's all coming together, it's a process, and the D will get better as the season goes on like u said. 

1 minute ago, GamedayGuru said:

His snaps have went up every game, they will continue to do so, if u watched towards the end of the game they kicked Cameron jordan inside to 3-tech DT and had both okafor and davenport on the field. I expect Davenport to become the starter very soon. It's all coming together, it's a process, and the D will get better as the season goes on like u said. 

Also, don't ever let PJ Williams see a football field again. Calvin Ridleys career highlight film is literally a PJ Williams lowlight film. 

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

I know... SO WHY WONT THEY PLAY HIM?!?!?!

I'd argue that Okafor looked pretty solid against the Browns in week 2. Last season Okafor was a good player for us that was a solid pass rusher, and also solid against the run. However, I'm with you regarding getting Davenport more time. He is still pretty raw, but you can see the freakish athleticism when he is on the field. It looks like Cam Jordan is back to his dominating ways the past couple weeks, so this should hopefully open things up for Davenport on the other side of the line as teams are going to be putting a ton of focus on stopping Jordan.

Archived