What happened to the Saints defense?

Elky

9 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

What exactly makes you say that? The stats?

no, the game play, i dont care about stats, what im watching thomas do is amazing, he is playing like the best WR in the NFL right now, not saying he is the best, but he is playing like it, getting doubled basically every play and getting schemed against and still just dominating anyone and anything they throw at him. 

2 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

no, the game play, i dont care about stats, what im watching thomas do is amazing, he is playing like the best WR in the NFL right now, not saying he is the best, but he is playing like it, getting doubled basically every play and getting schemed against and still just dominating anyone and anything they throw at him. 

That's not true. Like half his catches against us were him lined up against a LB. He had a few more yesterday lined up against Atlanta's LBs.

Their scheme is pretty much perfect. Payton moves guys all over the place and exploits mismatches created by it. 

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's not true. Like half his catches against us were him lined up against a LB. He had a few more yesterday lined up against Atlanta's LBs.

Their scheme is pretty much perfect. Payton moves guys all over the place and exploits mismatches created by it. 

pretty sure i saew Thomas catch a TD in double coverage over one of ur corners and safeties in the corner of the end zone

20 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

What exactly makes you say that? The stats?

I suppose the stats don't hurt. Thomas is on pace for 2,122 receiving yards to start the season (Obviously that will drop some), but regardless leading the league in receiving yards helps. Being 3rd in touchdowns is also nice. Catching almost every single target through 3 games is pretty neat as well:

Michael Thomas is great at getting open. He also is excellent at coming down with contested catches. He's about as physical as they come at WR in the NFL. He has elite hands. He is very consistent.  

Dating back to last year, in his past 5 games he has 614 receiving yards, and 5 touchdowns. He is one of the few WR's I've seen abuse Xavier Rhodes in coverage.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I would hope he can beat LBs in coverage. Most WRs can.

less about him beating linebackers, but destroying everything and everyone D coordinators are putting on him, more of a testament to him. thanks for the recognition. Try and keep up. 

12 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yeah, that's definitely not true. There were multiple plays yesterday where he manned the slot and had a linebackers over him. They do a great job of scheming him in.

18 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

Do you watch the game play of every receiver that intently, or just Thomas?

Archived