What happened to the Saints defense?

Elky

The #2 CB situation has been an embarrassment. You essentially just throw the ball deep on them and they don’t know what to do. Eventually the Saints will need to adjust their scheme to allow Lattimore to cover the #2 WR and give the #2 CB safety help on that side. It’s a mess...but fortunately, the rest of the defense isn’t that bad, and Davenport looks like he could become really good. 

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

I suppose the stats don't hurt. Thomas is on pace for 2,122 receiving yards to start the season (Obviously that will drop some), but regardless leading the league in receiving yards helps. Being 3rd in touchdowns is also nice. Catching almost every single target through 3 games is pretty neat as well:

Michael Thomas is great at getting open. He also is excellent at coming down with contested catches. He's about as physical as they come at WR in the NFL. He has elite hands. He is very consistent.  

Dating back to last year, in his past 5 games he has 614 receiving yards, and 5 touchdowns. He is one of the few WR's I've seen abuse Xavier Rhodes in coverage.

its takes 2 seconds to see that bennett is wrong. we have many years of history to know that bennett is literally an idiot, so itd be smart to double check him. hes wrong, by a lot.

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

its takes 2 seconds to see that bennett is wrong. we have many years of history to know that bennett is literally an idiot, so itd be smart to double check him. hes wrong, by a lot.

Yeah it literally does take 2 seconds to verify that he is right:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ThomMi05.htm

40 Targets, 38 Receptions...

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

He’s not wrong on Thomas. 38 catches on 40 targets is accurate.

16 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

did you hit your reading limit for the day? What was the 2nd part of his tweet, was it right? WHy do I have to walk you through this?

Probably because you have made vague statements regarding what you believed to be inaccurate about it instead of being an adult and simply typing out what you believe to be inaccurate. Thankfully it doesn't really effect the point. 38 catches on 40 targets in insanely good.

15 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Probably because you have made vague statements regarding what you believed to be inaccurate about it instead of being an adult and simply typing out what you believe to be inaccurate. Thankfully it doesn't really effect the point. 38 catches on 40 targets in insanely good.

what do you mean what I believe to be inaccurate? Are you saying that its up to debate if Bennett was correct. And how much extra work was it really to ready those 7-8 words past apparently where you stopped. Did you just say "screw it, enough reading for the day, my head hurts"?

38 for 40 is pretty good, might even say he could break into the top 6-7 for wr play if he can keep it up. 

34 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

id really like an answer on this.... are you saying he should get credit for only being half wrong? Like what are you arguing here.

I said he’s right about Thomas. I gave him credit for the statistic he got right and confirmed it was right. Pretty simple stuff my man 

1 minute ago, Dome said:

I said he’s right about Thomas. I gave him credit for the statistic he got right and confirmed it was right. Pretty simple stuff my man 

sad indictment when we simply aim on trying to get 50% of our statements correct. im not on twitter but id treat that just like i do with my everyday life, i dont get emails from my boss that say "good job buddy! you really nailed part of that email, way to go!". Wrong is wrong, as was bennetts tweet. You were right, pretty simple. This isnt kindegarten theres no half credit, im not sure if youre post college yet or not but if you dont realize that its gonna be a really rude awakening.

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

To answer the question though, they're a young defense and they overachieved to an extent last year. They're still starting a lot of 1st/2nd year guys. The interior DL is pretty bad and the LBs aren't very athletic outside of Davis. I think by seasons end they'll be a defense ranked around 12-15 which is fine with how good their offense is.

Saints probably wish they had kept next years 1st though and just traded for Khalil Mack.

Davis - 40 time - 4.6; 3 cone - 7.2; 20 yard shuttle - 4.3

Klein - 40 Time - 4.6; 3 cone - 7.06; 20 yard shuttle - 4.35

Anzalone - 40 time - 4.6; 3 cone - 6.9; 20 yard shuttle - 4.25

Hmm, not sure why you feel Klein and Anzalone are less athletic than Davis, if anything, it's probably the other way around...

Just now, frenchie said:

Davis - 40 time - 4.6; 3 cone - 7.2; 20 yard shuttle - 4.3

Klein - 40 Time - 4.6; 3 cone - 7.06; 20 yard shuttle - 4.35

Anzalone - 40 time - 4.6; 3 cone - 6.9; 20 yard shuttle - 4.25

Hmm, not sure why you feel Klein and Anzalone are less athletic than Davis, if anything, it's probably the other way around...

Anzalone is definitely a great athlete but Klein’s measurables don’t really translate to playing athleticism for some reason.

Archived