The curious case of Amari Cooper

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Anonymous said:

Hello everyone, Redskins fan here. I was wondering what Amari's trade value would be at this point? Would a 2nd or 3rd and a player get it done? I would assume he would seek a contract similar to the one Watkins just got since both of them have similar production over the years.

Knowing Reggie and Gruden, a 5th would probably get it done. We'll throw in a 7th rounder, too. 

14 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

Fitz is just a decent back up journey man. No one gave Gannon a real chance till he got to Oakland 

Two totally different QBs. Fitz is a gunslinger. Thats why he never stays a starter. He gets hot and looks amazing and then it comes crashing down when he starts slinging picks all over the yard.(like the 3 he threw in the 1st half of the PITT game)

Gannon was cerebral and methodical. He saw plays happen before the ball was even snapped.  Not many big plays but laser accuracy and elite decision making ability. Also helped he had two of the greatest route runners ever to rely on.

You cant really compare the 2.

He still has consistency issues, but the talent is evident. Every week with Amari its about the plays he leaves on the field and even today, when he easily topped 100. He could have had at least another touchdown today though the redzone one was Carr's fault.

I want to see the staff to find ways to get him the ball in space in addition to all the short/intermediate targets, the way Brown is used/targeted. Not saying they're the same player (they aren't), but the style of play and usage should be similar.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

So.....do we pick up the 5th year option? And does he play under it?

Guessing unless something changes, his agent is going to hold him out and he will be traded and go to a team where he can shine. He has trade value so Raiders will pick up the 5th year option.

39 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

lol... I keep forgetting the Raiders gave up a 2nd pick in that trade. This season is return of Art Shell levels of awful right now

This is even more sad than the Aaron Brooks legend. Hopefully we can get more than a 2 for Amari. He is not going to be here next year

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

lol... I keep forgetting the Raiders gave up a 2nd pick in that trade. This season is return of Art Shell levels of awful right now

That’s what really made me think of the Gruden signing. I really felt that his ego was equal to AD and his time away from the game gave me pause. Outside of the 3 years where he had all pros and hall of famers he hasn’t done much. Ironic that he took this job because of Carr and Mack because it’s seems like neither will be here next year.  Honestly i think he took the job for the 100 mill. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It was all about the money in the end. It always is. 

Then why do you keep saying he will quit within 5 years? He will see it through and get paid massive bucks or get fired and get massive bucks. But he is not getting fired until way later. Gruden is not walking away from $10M/year.

Archived