GDT Week 4 - Bills (1-2) @ Packers (1-1-1)

MNPackfan32

Player Of The Game  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Player Of The Game

• Josh Allen
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • G-Mo
    • Aaron Jones (If Mac uses him)
    • Tae Adams
    • Shady McCoy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2018 at 04:25 AM

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

Perry will still have several million in dead money next year. 

Yes he will and he also has $7.4M in dead cap into 2020.

Doubt Nick is going anywhere else anytime soon.

Gute inherited two of the highest-paid OLBs in the NFL.

Sure would be nice if we could get better play out of them.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Yes he will and he also has $7.4M in dead cap into 2020.

Doubt Nick is going anywhere else anytime soon.

Gute inherited two of the highest-paid OLBs in the NFL.

Sure would be nice if we could get better play out of them.

The biggest kick in the **** about that, is they both earned those contracts and then haven't lived up to them.  

I've come to the conclusion we aren't going anywhere with our EDGE pass rushers. We simply don't have enough juice to consistently get pressure on the QB. Our secondary is improved, much improved, but nobody can hold up that long. 

EXACTLY why I wanted to grab an EDGE rusher in the 1st round. Love Alexander, but have to get to the QB, we don't do it consistently enough. 

Agree with everything you say except the drafting of the Edge in the 1st round.

Without Alexander we would be in just as bad a shape at CB as we have been the past couple of years. (Sort of a pick your poison scenario).

Heading into 2018, the talent/production was grossly deficient at both EDGE and CB. At least Gute addressed one of the positions.

I look forward to him doing the same at OLB in the future.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The time for a rookie WR to step up has arrived, more or less right on schedule.  MVS seems like the clear front runner, but I could also see EQ getting Cobb's normal reps from the slot.

Moore is up over EQ.  Surprising to me - I thought ST. BROWN would be the best slot option.   

Maybe Adams gets some of those slot snaps.  I'd expect to see a lot of 2 TE sets as well.

2 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Moore is up over EQ.  Surprising to me - I thought ST. BROWN would be the best slot option.   

Maybe Adams gets some of those slot snaps.  I'd expect to see a lot of 2 TE sets as well.

The list posted had both of them active?

I will tell you this, IF Moore can get his hands right, he is a very good receiver.  

4 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Agree with everything you say except the drafting of the Edge in the 1st round.

Without Alexander we would be in just as bad a shape at CB as we have been the past couple of years. (Sort of a pick your poison scenario).

Heading into 2018, the talent/production was grossly deficient at both EDGE and CB. At least Gute addressed one of the positions.

I look forward to him doing the same at OLB in the future.

Yeah, nobody saw such a dramatic drop off from 52 and 53 coming.  CB was the bigger need.  It pains me to see Davenport and Landry doing so well though.  One more year and I think well see a defense capable of winning games.  

I've come to the conclusion we aren't going anywhere with our EDGE pass rushers. We simply don't have enough juice to consistently get pressure on the QB. Our secondary is improved, much improved, but nobody can hold up that long. 

EXACTLY why I wanted to grab an EDGE rusher in the 1st round. Love Alexander, but have to get to the QB, we don't do it consistently enough. 

King over Watt is the pick I was more bummed about at the time.  I get the logic of targeting King with that pick, but I really thought Watt would be the pick.  If anything, I was a little bummed that the team passed on S James this year, but I totally get the attraction of landing that extra RD1 pick.

Archived