GDT Week 4 - Bills (1-2) @ Packers (1-1-1)

MNPackfan32

Player Of The Game  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Player Of The Game

• Josh Allen
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • G-Mo
    • Aaron Jones (If Mac uses him)
    • Tae Adams
    • Shady McCoy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2018 at 04:25 AM

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He felt he was healthy enough to play and they played it safe with him. I highly doubt any of the above is true. He's just a young kid that's salty and wants to play. He'll either play well and it blows over or suck and it gets worse.

Or he was a healthy scratch, which seems more in line with the tweets. We shall see. He could be a casualty

40 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He should have been a safety all along .. Packers played him out of position for years and he still made plays.

Exactly.

Hyde has always had above average ball skills, a good football IQ, and been too slow and otherwise athletically limited to play CB or whatever hybrid BS position Dom put him at.

In 2013, with Jerron McMillian and M.D. Jennings providing some of the worst safety play the NFL has ever seen, the Packers chose not to give Hyde a shot at safety and determined he was better suited to matching up with more athletic WRs (and more athletic TEs) and they continued doing so the next three seasons. 

And again, it comes down to drafting. Suckage brings hindsight. It seems like lately every time we turn around there is a hole to fill or a guy that can't do his job up to the NFL average. If HHCD and Jones were killing it, Hyde would be a footnote. If Jones turns out to be Rouse II, which seems more likely than not, the criticism will continue. We spent a ton of draft revenue trying to fill holes at certain positions and failed over and over. It has caught up to us. Hyde and Hayward were mistakes because they were misused when here (Capers), and then we compounded the problem when we couldn't replace them when we thought we could go cheaper. JC Tretter is another guy that would be nice to have.

54 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Or he was a healthy scratch, which seems more in line with the tweets. We shall see. He could be a casualty

He missed 2 games without even practicing and hasn't been a full participant in a single practice this year. How could he be a healthy scratch? It's not possible.

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

So serious question. Who gets the Cobb snaps in the slot if he can't go. MVS? 

Allison looks like poop in the slot, and I would rather have Adams outside.

St. Brown was the guy in PS. MVS played more outside with Kumerow. Now what they've done in practices since I can't say.

Just now, Packerraymond said:
1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

So serious question. Who gets the Cobb snaps in the slot if he can't go. MVS? 

Allison looks like poop in the slot, and I would rather have Adams outside.

St. Brown was the guy in PS. MVS played more outside with Kumerow. Now what they've done in practices since I can't say.

EQ dressed week 1 and hasn't since, so I mean for this game. Adams has played about 98% of snaps, Cobb 92%, Allison 75%, MVS 10%, and no other wideout has stepped on the field on offense. 

If Cobb is out, then Allison jumps to 95%, but who takes Allison's spot at 75% (has to be MVS right?) and who gets to play the piddly snaps role

17 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

EQ dressed week 1 and hasn't since, so I mean for this game. Adams has played about 98% of snaps, Cobb 92%, Allison 75%, MVS 10%, and no other wideout has stepped on the field on offense. 

If Cobb is out, then Allison jumps to 95%, but who takes Allison's spot at 75% (has to be MVS right?) and who gets to play the piddly snaps role

how about montgomery

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:
18 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

how about montgomery

I always forget about Monty. 

16 hours ago, Norm said:

Oh I love him too. Don't get me wrong. It sucks not having a guy like that. 

But look how long you have to suck to be in position to have a talent like that.

The Browns should have a better defense than us, the time it's taken them to achieve this level is the bigger story because they have sucked for soooo long.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I think it's going to be Adams in the slot with MVS/Geronimo on the outside. They were running Adams out of the slot in preaseason a decent amount and going back whenever Cobb was hurt Jordy would be put into the slot a lot more. Monty could play in there some as well. 

This would also get Davante away from Tre White, which could be a positive. 

Archived