Week 4: VIKINGS (1-1-1) at Rams (3-0)

swede700

Who will pass for more yards in this game?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will pass for more yards in this game?

1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

You're ignoring he played very mediocre in the first half.

Are you fine getting one half of football out of an $84 million QB?

OK. We get it, he got paid a lot of money. Therefore it's perfection or he's garbage. Not to mention we have a sample size of 4 games. I think he has played pretty damn well all things considered. Again, tonight's game was not on Cousins. Neither was the Bills game. We'll agree to disagree I guess. The offensive line was historically bad against the Bills, seriously look up the pressure stats from that game, and tonight Cousins played well throughout. Obviously it would be nice if he didn't fumble at the end of the game. The defense did far more to lose this one though. Not even sure that's debatable. 

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

It was his fourth game with the team.  I'm very happy with the way he played tonight.  You can't always come back and win at the end when you're down.  Sometimes he will, sometimes he won't be able to. 

I would get that IF he didnt have a history of this. He was like this with the Redskins. He had the stats but it translate to success with the team. 

4 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

He should.

You're paying him to be a top 3 QB in the league. Shouldn't he be playing as such?

Or are you fine with giving him top 3 money and him playing like a top 12 QB?

You're ignoring how NFL contracts work. In a year or two, Goff, Wentz, and a handful of other young QBs will sign deals that exceed what Cousins is making.

Just now, stl4life07 said:

I would get that IF he didnt have a history of this. He was like this with the Redskins. He had the stats but it translate to success with the team. 

This has been my concern with Cousins. He's a fumbling machine and seems to have little sense for where pressure is.

8 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Ill also add that if it wasnt for that roughing the passer call on Matthews in the Packers game, remember Cousins threw what wouldve been a potential game-ending interception. People dont talk about that at all because of the roughing the passer call that was controversial. Like Cousins just need to come up bigger when it is required for him to do so. 

lol dude...if Tredwell didn't drop that easy catch, Cousins wouldn't have gotten the interception and it wouldn't have even come down to that play then....when you are down by nearly 2 scores in last few minutes, you have to take some freaking risks...Cousins took them, some came off and some didn't...it's not possible to be 100% accurate on long throws

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

You're ignoring how NFL contracts work. In a year or two, Goff, Wentz, and a handful of other young QBs will sign deals that exceed what Cousins is making.

I'm not ignoring anything.

They DESERVE more than Kirk right now. Can you tell me how they don't?

One is 3 years into his career and out played our QB. One was the NFL MVP before an injury last year.

11 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

For $84 million, I expect more than 5 turnovers in 4 games.

And certainly better than a 1-2-1 record

C'mon dude its time to log off and take a  deep breath this is a over reaction and a weak take and you know it.

2 ints right off the hands of the the receivers, 1 fumble from Rieff getting decimated and getting him hit from the blindside the moment he gets to the top of his drop. 

Then tonight Cousins balled out tonight hell it looked like cousins and the WRs were the only people who really wanted the W tonight. Its funny how people want to just act like this is cousins not deliver rather then the rams defense coming up big when it mattered. A Qb getting hit from the blindside while he is winding up is a fumble waiting to happen. And before you suggest it no he didn't have a place to step up Remmers was getting walked back into his lap. 

1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Yet we're 1-2-1.

And looking like a middle of the road team and the QB has 6 turnovers this season.

Still a lot of time to turn it around and honestly, we play in a division full of middle of the road teams. I like our chances against Philly, they aren't very sharp on offense yet. 

Even if we drop another game to Philly, we've got plenty of time. Cousins isn't the Vikngs biggest issue, that would be the back 7 on defense and the OL (mostly run blocking). 

1 minute ago, upriser7 said:

lol dude...if Tredwell didn't drop that easy catch, Cousins wouldn't have gotten the interception and it wouldn't have even come down to that play then....when you are down by nearly 2 scores in last few minutes, you have to take some freaking risks...Cousins took them, some came off and some didn't...it's not possible to be 100% accurate on long throws

Revisionist history.

He still threw that pick. It doesn't matter what happened before.

2 minutes ago, BigBearSD said:

C'mon dude its time to log off and take a  deep breath this is a over reaction and a weak take and you know it.

2 ints right off the hands of the the receivers, 1 fumble from Rieff getting decimated and getting him hit from the blindside the moment he gets to the top of his drop. 

Then tonight Cousins balled out tonight hell it looked like cousins and the WRs were the only people who really wanted the W tonight. Its funny how people want to just act like this is cousins not deliver rather then the rams defense coming up big when it mattered. A Qb getting hit from the blindside while he is winding up is a fumble waiting to happen. And before you suggest it no he didn't have a place to step up Remmers was getting walked back into his lap. 

You're seriously ok with 5 turnovers in 4 games?

This isn't looking like a mirage.

3 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I'm not ignoring anything.

They DESERVE more than Kirk right now. Can you tell me how they don't?

One is 3 years into his career and out played our QB. One was the NFL MVP before an injury last year.

What we've paid Rhodes and Barr this year is even more embarrassing considering their contributions. 

We deserve a lot more from them too. 

Archived