Week 4: VIKINGS (1-1-1) at Rams (3-0)

swede700

Who will pass for more yards in this game?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will pass for more yards in this game?

How many times have I said this loss isn't on Kirk?

All I'm saying is that I'm expecting more out of our QB than crippling fumbles. Kirk played great tonight but still turned the ball over WHEN IT MATTERED.

Stop ignoring that. He needs to TAKE CARE OF THE BALL. He's being paid to NOT have more turnovers than games.

Just now, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

You're seriously ok with 5 turnovers in 4 games?

This isn't looking like a mirage.

NO ONE is ok with the way the team has been performing. But this is a TEAM game and turnovers are NOT all the same they have context. Just acting like cousins is not living up to his deal because of those box score stats is highly misleading and a very emotional and weak take on the teams current level of performance. 

1 minute ago, upriser7 said:

lol dude...if Tredwell didn't drop that easy catch, Cousins wouldn't have gotten the interception and it wouldn't have even come down to that play then....when you are down by nearly 2 scores in last few minutes, you have to take some freaking risks...Cousins took them, some came off and some didn't...it's not possible to be 100% accurate on long throws

I get what you are saying. My thing is when are we going to stop making excuses for Cousins. When he was in Washington people made excuses. He had McVay, he had Reed, Garcon, DJax, Crowder, and Thompson. The excuse was the Redskins defense wasnt good. The Redskins didnt want Cousins to succeed. Then McVay left. Garcon and DJax left. Then the excuses was the Redskins lost alot of important parts to the offense. The offense was banged up. Like come on now. Cousins wanted to be a fully guaranteed QB. He need to start playing like it. He has better weapons on Minnesota. He has a great HC. The defense is great. He has a great young back. The only thing you can say is the oline isnt great. I get that. But again, when he had a solid oline in Washington he still wasnt having team success. Thats all I am saying. I really like the Vikings thats why I am saying Cousins need to step up. I think the Vikings team is great. the oline needs work and Cousins need to step up. If that happens the Vikings are a Superbowl team. 

1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

How many times have I said this loss isn't on Kirk?

All I'm saying is that I'm expecting more out of our QB than crippling fumbles. Kirk played great tonight but still turned the ball over WHEN IT MATTERED.

Stop ignoring that. He needs to TAKE CARE OF THE BALL. He's being paid to NOT have more turnovers than games.

Just seems like an old thing to focus on 1 play when the defense was bad all game

Just now, stl4life07 said:

I get what you are saying. My thing is when are we going to stop making excuses for Cousins. When he was in Washington people made excuses. He had McVay, he had Reed, Garcon, DJax, Crowder, and Thompson. The excuse was the Redskins defense wasnt good. The Redskins didnt want Cousins to succeed. Then McVay left. Garcon and DJax left. Then the excuses was the Redskins lost alot of important parts to the offense. The offense was banged up. Like come on now. Cousins wanted to be a fully guaranteed QB. He need to start playing like it. He has better weapons on Minnesota. He has a great HC. The defense is great. He has a great young back. The only thing you can say is the oline isnt great. I get that. But again, when he had a solid oline in Washington he still wasnt having team success. Thats all I am saying. I really like the Vikings thats why I am saying Cousins need to step up. I think the Vikings team is great. the oline needs work and Cousins need to step up. If that happens the Vikings are a Superbowl team. 

Unfortunately that have all been great yet

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

Just seems like an old thing to focus on 1 play when the defense was bad all game

I talked about the defense ALL GAME.

Cousins needs to be talked about for turning the ball over. 

Team loss. So why not call out the team? You CANNOT turn the ball over when you're going down to tie.

24 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Goff was insanely good. Some of it was bad defense but he put the ball right on the money

Said this earlier in the game, but yes, totally agree. He was amazing tonight. Cousins wasn’t too far behind. Both defenses left a lot to be desired. 

42 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

What did the contract prevent?

And if you actually think that Bridgewater could do what Cousins did, you’re just not thinking logical. 

I don't want to sound like I think any of the options the Vikings could have picked at QB including the additional pieces the team could have afforded with those options would have resulted in a win today. However, the Cousins contract is a big constraint that prevents the team from upgrading other areas of the team via free agency. One big area that could have been addressed better in free agency is the offensive line. I would have liked to throw the money at Andrew Norwell. Also, the team could have kept Jarius Wright or signed another competent WR so they did not have to rely on undrafted guys like Zylstra beating out Treadwell.

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Why are you only looking at the turnovers and not the touchdowns?

Cousins turnovers should have resulted in a loss against GB (stupid penalty on Mathews saved him), put the Vikes in a terrible spot to start the game against Buffalo (a game the Vikes needed to win) and ruined a chance at a comeback against the Rams.

Cousins has nice stats for sure but there is something lacking that likely excludes him from the top 10 QB discussion.

12 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

He should.

You're paying him to be a top 3 QB in the league. Shouldn't he be playing as such?

Or are you fine with giving him top 3 money and him playing like a top 12 QB?

I am not fine with that, but I am also not surprised by it. I never thought Cousins was better than 15th - 20th QB in the league. We have known, or should have known, since courting Cousins that signing him meant paying him far more than he was worth. The same is true of pretty much any top free agent. The idea was never getting value. The idea was getting the best QB the team could get and hoping the can deal with the cap ramifications by getting value contracts at other positions. Things like, you know, sticking with Nick Easton as a starting guard instead of going out and using your free agent money to sign someone better that would have pushed Nick Easton to a backup role where he belongs. Easton being out for the year wouldn't have hurt nearly as much if he was merely a backup.

4 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I talked about the defense ALL GAME.

Cousins needs to be talked about for turning the ball over. 

Team loss. So why not call out the team? You CANNOT turn the ball over when you're going down to tie.

The thing is you can say that about most plays towards the end. You cannot let the QB get hit. You cannot give up an easy td after coming within a possession etc

Archived