Everson Griffen Incident

PrplChilPill

13 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

What is the penalty cap wise if we have to let him go? He's a huge part of the defense so I hope everything turns out ok. He's got a beautiful family too so like you guys said football becomes secondary.

No no no.

You don't let him go. Not right now, at least.

You're basically saying you're washing your hands of him if you release him.

That's the absolute LAST thing you do to him right now.

Could be manic behavior related to bi-polar; simply not enough information to properly diagnose. Also, @Bermuda Viking this type of behavior is not indicative of anxiety. Not to say he isn’t dealing with an anxiety disorder as well. A full mental health work up is appropriate at this time. I hope he gets the help he needs. Both aforementioned mental illnesses are definitely treatable. 

51 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Seth Kaplan✔@Seth_Kaplan

Report on Everson Griffen from @Fox9Sports: Police sources say after Hotel Ivy incident, he was arrested trying to break into another Vikings players home. Griffen is currently undergoing a mental health evaluation.

Adding to this: Everson Griffen is being evaluated at a local hospital, I’m told. Again, concerns about his mental health predate last weekend. Two team sources strongly deny a report Griffen was arrested in another alleged incident.

From Tom Pelissero

Not to make any excuses, but I can really see why the team came out and played so flat yesterday. Griffen is the leader of this team and if he is really going through something I can see how it would weight heavily on the team. When I found out at work today I had a pit in my stomach and had a hard time not thinking about it so I can only imagine what those who are close to him were feeling. 

5 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Not to make any excuses, but I can really see why the team came out and played so flat yesterday. Griffen is the leader of this team and if he is really going through something I can see how it would weight heavily on the team. When I found out at work today I had a pit in my stomach and had a hard time not thinking about it so I can only imagine what those who are close to him were feeling. 

I hear you @byuvike88. Find solace that Everson has a great family, friends and organization to provide support. He’s where he needs to be and will receive the help he needs. Maybe we can turn that flat emotional display into an inspirational, ‘we got your back Griff’, performance. 

Packer fan here, but I will be praying for this kids mental well being. I hope they can diagnose this and get him treated. Mental illness is not something we like to deal with as a society, but hopefully he can get help and speak out about it troubles and the help he hopefully gets.  

Archived