This IS the end...

Deadpulse

As much as I want to give all the credit to the Patriots, I do think they just exploited a weakness the Phins were covering up. Their 3rd down conversion rate heading into today was god awful and that trend just continued and killed them. The Patriots designed their defensive game plan around this, covering safeties at the marker and keeping the plays in front of them. 

10 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

As much as I want to give all the credit to the Patriots, I do think they just exploited a weakness the Phins were covering up. Their 3rd down conversion rate heading into today was god awful and that trend just continued and killed them. The Patriots designed their defensive game plan around this, covering safeties at the marker and keeping the plays in front of them. 

I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks just what this team really is. Chiefs coming to town.

Before kick off I said a game half as good as the Bengals game from 2014 would be a relief - it was more than that. Hightower looked better, the OL looked better. Even Dorsett looked better. Michel had a good day, ran well, and they mixed up White/Michel play-calls much better than against the Lions.

Any news on Gronk's injury yet?

Positives

- Run defense was wicked

- Running offense very effective MOST of the time

- OL in general, again

- Hightower looks more normal

- Jonathan Jones actually. Very good, maybe he should start opposite Gilmore. Can cover slot and boundary.

- Gordon catches

- KVN

Negatives

- Brady has to stop throwing dumb picks, he's on pace to break his record of interceptions

- Hogan still a ghost

16 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

- Brady has to stop throwing dumb picks, he's on pace to break his record of interceptions

In his defense, of his 4 picks this year only 1 was really his fault. His Texans pick was tipped at the line, and on Sunday McCain made a great play and then Brady got levelled as he threw the ball. It happens.

The Detroit pick was a hideous throw.

Archived