2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

~sigh~ Let me repeat: The 49ers never expressed a lick of interest in OBJ. I would bet my life on it. If anyone can get John Lynch to admit he ever had any interest whatsoever in OBJ, I will chop off my penis and mail it to Washington.

It never. *******. Happened. 

This 49ers regime would never, ever be interested in acquiring a player with the perceived personality of OBJ. This is literally as likely as Obama endorsing Trump. 

Gettleman's conversations were him calling the 49ers to ask if the 49ers had any interest (to which Lynch told them, "absolutely not"). 

1 minute ago, NFLExpert49 said:

~sigh~ Let me repeat: The 49ers never expressed a lick of interest in OBJ. I would bet my life on it. If anyone can get John Lynch to admit he ever had any interest whatsoever in OBJ, I will chop off my penis and mail it to Washington.

This 49ers regime would never, ever be interested in acquiring a player with the perceived personality of OBJ. This is literally as likely as Obama endorsing Trump. 

Gettleman's conversations were him calling the 49ers to ask if the 49ers had any interest (to which Lynch told them, "absolutely not"). 

@Forgeis this enough to get this guy banned 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jay Glazer is not a reliable source? He's the one that made the bold prediction that the Giants will trade OBJ and said it was because he had heard a week prior that team met and decided it was time to move on from him. Glazer is very reliable. 

And it was stated by Glazer and others that we have been interested in OBJ dating back to last season. 

Uh, Glazer has been wrong so many times it's ridiculous. Getting one prediction correct means nothing. The guy is a slimeball putz who should be banned from ever stating anything, ever. Nobody around the game has any respect whatsoever for that POS. 

Let's just stop feeding the troll. He has no interest in discussion - only with hearing himself speak and "being right".

Let him go back to his war on slot receivers in NFL Gen that makes people laugh. 

9 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

~sigh~ Let me repeat: The 49ers never expressed a lick of interest in OBJ. I would bet my life on it. If anyone can get John Lynch to admit he ever had any interest whatsoever in OBJ, I will (removed by moderator) .

Gotta stop this right here. I understand you are going to extreme lengths to prove a point, but you broke multiple rules in doing so.

No more discussion of certain body parts or comparisons to politics. None are acceptable here. Please re-read the rules before coming back to this discussion. 

How naive do you have to be to think that John "all I care about is getting HIGH CHARACTER players with CLASS" Lynch, operating under the ownership of Jed "whether we win or lose, we're going to do it with class" York would be interested in ******* ODELL BECKHAM JR?

For ****'s sake, the 49ers have been mentioned as a potential destination for every controversial player there is for the past 10+ years, and they got NONE of them, ever. It's been going on forever, and it's just at the point where it's not even funny anymore.

And now that they signed Jordan Matthews, you can be pretty certain they're not even going to draft a wide receiver at all now. They're not going to part with Pettis, Goodwin, Taylor, or James. With Matthews and Bourne competing for the 5th and possibly 6th spots...

I mean, everything aside, how do you go from, "oh, we might trade for freak'n OBJ," to, "OK, we're fine with our receivers. Just sign freak'n Jordan Matthews and we're done?"

Doesn't make sense, does it? 

If they're so interested in a superstar WR like OBJ and they don't get him, logic dictates that they would be targeting a WR high in the draft. Alas, that's not what's going to happen.

Just now, NFLExpert49 said:

How naive do you have to be to think that John "all I care about is getting HIGH CHARACTER players with CLASS" Lynch, operating under the ownership of Jed "whether we win or lose, we're going to do it with class" York would be interested in ******* ODELL BECKHAM JR?

For ****'s sake, the 49ers have been mentioned as a potential destination for every controversial player there is for the past 10+ years, and they got NONE of them, ever. It's been going on forever, and it's just at the point where it's not even funny anymore.

And now that they signed Jordan Matthews, you can be pretty certain they're not even going to draft a wide receiver at all now. They're not going to part with Pettis, Goodwin, Taylor, or James. With Matthews and Bourne competing for the 5th and possibly 6th spots...

I mean, everything aside, how do you go from, "oh, we might trade for freak'n OBJ," to, "OK, we're fine with our receivers. Just sign freak'n Jordan Matthews and we're done?"

If they're so interested in a superstar WR like OBJ and they don't get him, logic dictates that they would be targeting a WR high in the draft. Alas, that's not what's going to happen.

Stop with the language. 

1 minute ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Neither is drafting an OT in the 1st round....

Archived