2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'm assuming they would trade or cut darron lee?

I thought he played better last year. I imagine that they would keep them both. They'd have Lee probably in the middle with Kwon at the WILL. 

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'm assuming they would trade or cut darron lee?

Please sign him already.

Brown to Oakland makes A LOT of sense. Would be a good move. But I was hoping Houston would sign him as that OL is going to get Watson killed.

Super quiet this morning on the Honey Badger and ET front. Hopefully Houston elects to re-sign him and leaves ET to us.

@Forge I think you will be right that we don't make many moves at the start of the negotiating period. Seems like other teams will, but we will be slow playing it a bit. 

Just now, John232 said:

I'm already at the point of wanting to just get bargain bin guys at LB and rotate Smith out on passing downs. with like..anyone..

It's just so weird to be shelling out big money to off ball linebackers. There's a strange dichotomy there - they tend to be undervalued in the draft (that's why you seldom see them go in like the top 5 and sometimes even top 10), but then throwing out big numbers for them in free agency. 

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yeah, I don't think Baltimore is shelling that out. Their defense could seriously get gashed in this free agency period as J mentioned. They are going to need Jackson to take a big step forward offensively next season because I don't know if that defense is going to be nearly as good. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I don't think Baltimore is shelling that out. Their defense could seriously get gashed in this free agency period as J mentioned. They are going to need Jackson to take a big step forward offensively next season because I don't know if that defense is going to be nearly as good. 

What do you spend your cap on if you're Baltimore if not defense? From all data points we have of Jackson, he's going to have a limit as a passer and will make up some of that with his legs. The best thing about him is that his cheap rookie deal and the unique skillset that allows you to have a (relatively) functional offense without premium assets on that side of the ball. Not playing quality defensive players isn't a great use of that cap flexibility in my opinion. Now, Moseley probably isn't worth that high a cap hit, but there are other targets that they should probably pursue in order to take advantage of the current situation. 

Archived