How did our defense become so offensive??

RpMc

Here’s a random thought. We all love Rhodes, but what if we were going to work a trade with him and just keep Wayne’s?

Personally believe it’s unrealistic, but without a doubt I believe he would bring in a top 15 draft pick, unload plenty of cap. 

Put Waynes on the 5th year option, $13.4M cap hit relief by trading Rhodes. 

Honestly I would prefer this route over getting rid of Waynes. As I said, unrealistic,  but I could get behind it.

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

Here’s a random thought. We all love Rhodes, but what if we were going to work a trade with him and just keep Wayne’s?

Personally believe it’s unrealistic, but without a doubt I believe he would bring in a top 15 draft pick, unload plenty of cap. 

Honestly I would prefer this route over getting rid of Waynes. As I said, unrealistic,  but I could get behind it.

Marcus Peters went for a 2nd, right? I can't see us getting more than that unless someone is super desperate.

9 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

For a top 15 pick I'd do it

10 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I want to see how far Hill, Hughes, and Mac progress next year before letting Rhodes go.

I'm happy with their progress this year but I'm not too entirely enthused at the moment about potentially having a CB depth chart of Alexander, Hughes, Hill, and ??? if Waynes goes down. Lot of inexperience there especially since Hughes only got 5 games in before going down.

I'd be more comfortable doing this in 2020 than 2019.

8 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I want to see how far Hill, Hughes, and Mac progress next year before letting Rhodes go.

I'm happy with their progress this year but I'm not too entirely enthused at the moment about potentially having a CB depth chart of Alexander, Hughes, Hill, and ??? if Waynes goes down. Lot of inexperience there especially since Hughes only got 5 games in before going down.

I'd be more comfortable doing this in 2020 than 2019.

I think the young'uns have played this year as if it were there 2nd or 3rd years instead of 1st and 2nd.  If we could get a great return, I would be willing to let Rhodes go. 

I’d consider it. Just by my eye, I thought Waynes has been the better corner this year, and Rhodes has done far less matching the #1 (again, just from my recollection so I could be wrong). 

Rhodes will be 29 before the next season and the small, repeated, injuries are likely to take their toll. 

Waynes and Hughes/Hill on the outside with Mack in the slot. Bring in a prove it/bounce back type vet in free agency. Maybe a Jason Verrett?

If we can get a mid first round pick for Rhodes, I’d consider it heavily  

3 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

I think the young'uns have played this year as if it were there 2nd or 3rd years instead of 1st and 2nd.  If we could get a great return, I would be willing to let Rhodes go. 

I agree but I want to see it as a trend first.

But, like you said, if it's a great return (1st rounder and change)....I'm for it but if it's for "OK change" in more of a salary cap move, then I'd rather hold off.

On 12/25/2018 at 1:02 PM, gopherwrestler said:

I've been saying that for a while now.  If we could get a high first round pick for Rhodes, I'd pull the trigger. 

I don't think trading Rhodes would be very smart at this point. Good physical man corners are extremely hard to find, we have put a ton of development hours into him and you need 3 starters in this league now. 

He has had a down year no question and the injuries keep building up but corners with his abilities are far to important to Zimmers scheme.

It would have to be a top 15 pick and more, go to a team we dont play (cause I don't want to pass against him) and they would need to have a clear plan for quailty depth not named Sherels.

In 23 games at US Bank Stadium, the Vikings’ defense has given up 19 touchdowns, picked off 21 passes, sacked opponents 76 times (No. 1 in the NFL at home) and given up an opposing quarterback rating of 75.7 — the lowest home rating allowed of any team in the NFC. Against the run they have given up only 3.8 yards per carry.

Only three quarterbacks have cleared a 100 passer rating in a single game and two of them failed to throw for 200 yards during that game. Nine quarterbacks have left US Bank Stadium with ratings below 70. Aaron Rodgers only averages 6.3 yards per attempt and has a 79.8 rating in the Vikings’ home and Trubisky’s lone appearance ended with a 69.0 rating.

As a team, Zimmer’s defense has allowed the fewest touchdowns at home since 2016 and has the lowest third down conversion rate allowed (26.7 percent) by 6.4 percent over the next best team. They have given up just 74 third-down conversion on 277 attempts and nine fourth-down conversions on 27 attempts.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/12/best-weapon-vikings-defense-home-field-advantage/

Archived