NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

So, something like Horford, Brown, Rozier and Williams for Davis, Moore and Wes Johnson?

Yeah, I think something to that extent. Brown's value may have a dropped a bit but really it shouldn't as this is just the case of having too many guys that play a similar position to his. Brown has All Star potential IMO, but it won't be in Boston. 

Just comes down to how the Pelicans rate the Lakers young players. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I think something to that extent. Brown's value may have a dropped a bit but really it shouldn't as this is just the case of having too many guys that play a similar position to his. Brown has All Star potential IMO, but it won't be in Boston. 

Just comes down to how the Pelicans rate the Lakers young players. 

Yeah, the Pelicans saw how it worked out in LA with what their core group would be. Is Jrue Holiday, Nikola Mirotic and basically the 2017-2018 Lakers a good team?

EDIT - That assumes they re-sign Nikola...

Edited by beekay414

So, either Horford, Brown, Rozier and Williams for AD, Moore and Johnson or KCP (for salary purposes), Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Wagner for AD and Payton.

Of course, this is all using THIS year's salaries so it obviously looks much different in the offseason in regards to salaries in trades and what not.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, the Pelicans saw how it worked out in LA with what their core group would be. Is Jrue Holiday, Nikola Mirotic and basically the 2017-2018 Lakers a good team?

EDIT - That assumes they re-sign Nikola...

It would be a good team for sure. I mean even if LeBron didn't come and they re-signed Randle, they would have made another jump in being more competitive. And in NO you add in Jrue? Say the trade is something like Hart/Kuzma/Ingram? Or maybe that both Kuzma/Ingram since there may be an overload there with also having Randle/Mirotic already? I don't know, but they may actually finish around the same caliber of team they have now. 

What do you think Milwaukee does with Middleton though? Will they max him out or he will leave? 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What do you think Milwaukee does with Middleton though? Will they max him out or he will leave? 

I have no idea, tbh. He's been playing like **** lately and is rumored to have a drug and alcohol problem which explains his lapses for a whole month. Could be wearing out his welcome here and we could focus on giving the money to Bledsoe, Brogdon and Lopez instead. If Sterling Brown, Donte and Project Pat keep showing that they can help handle that load, I wouldn't be surprised if we let him walk or trade him.

He's massively inconsistent and that's not necessarily someone I want making ~$30 Million a year. When he's good...he's damn good. When he's bad? He completely disappears.

But, honestly, I have no feel for this current front office.

Edited by beekay414

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lowe said they try to put something together for AD in the summer but that is after they hopefully someone to fill the cap space that they will have. Woj said they may end up with someone like Middleton instead of Butler/Kyrie/Kawhi/KD. Woj said Clippers are the team that Kawhi is targeting if he comes to LA, not the Lakers. 

Bron's reputation among his peers definitely seems to have taken a hit. These guys who are a bit younger than him don't want to deal with all the BS. 

If you are the Pelicans, do the Lakers really have the best offer for AD? What are we thinking here, Kuzma/Ball/Ingram? 

It'd be tough to get a trade for Davis. Unless Ingram turns things around this season, I don't think LA has the assets to pull it off. I'm not entirely sure who has better assets though. Boston maybe. Or Philadelphia if they re-sign Butler and are willing to part with Simmons.

I don't think Davis is truly going to be on the table unless he demands the trade.

In other thoughts, I hope Memphis still tries to make a move for an athletic 3. Maybe Phoenix would be willing to let go of Oubre or Jackson. I don't know why Dillon Brooks held up that deal, but oh well.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I have no idea, tbh. He's been playing like **** lately and is rumored to have a drug and alcohol problem which explains his lapses for a whole month. Could be wearing out his welcome here and we could focus on giving the money to Bledsoe, Brogdon and Lopez instead. If Sterling Brown, Donte and Project Pat keep showing that they can help handle that load, I wouldn't be surprised if we let him walk or trade him.

He's massively inconsistent and that's not necessarily someone I want making ~$30 Million a year. When he's good...he's damn good. When he's bad? He completely disappears.

But, honestly, I have no feel for this current front office.

But he usually always shows up in the postseason no? He started the season off so well but his inconsistent plays ties with the team being mediocre after their hot start.

Potential drug and alcohol problems? Damn man, sucks to hear that. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But he usually always shows up in the postseason no? He started the season off so well but his inconsistent plays ties with the team being mediocre after their hot start.

Potential drug and alcohol problems? Damn man, sucks to hear that. 

Yeah, he's not completely useless, obviously, but he's a rollercoaster. You love him one month and hate him the next.

Weed and alcohol, I should say. He likes the ganja and the sauce. Couldn't imagine him in LA lol.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

It'd be tough to get a trade for Davis. Unless Ingram turns things around this season, I don't think LA has the assets to pull it off. I'm not entirely sure who has better assets though. Boston maybe. Or Philadelphia if they re-sign Butler and are willing to part with Simmons.

I don't think Davis is truly going to be on the table unless he demands the trade.

In other thoughts, I hope Memphis still tries to make a move for an athletic 3. Maybe Phoenix would be willing to let go of Oubre or Jackson. I don't know why Dillon Brooks held up that deal, but oh well.

I'm really not sure if Philly does that. Embiid and AD in a way like the ball in similar spots, but it can work due to both having solid range. Still hard to see them getting rid of Simmons. 

AD supposedly will want to move on this offseason. SAS said there are rumblings that is the guy the Lakers have the best chance to get and he has no problem playing with LeBron.

Here's a better question than the AD one...

What do the Raptors do knowing that Kawhi wants to go home to LA (Clippers)? Do they ride him out in hopes of winning the East and trying for the chip and lose him for nothing or do they move him at the deadline? Do you move him to the Clippers? Say Tobias Harris (expiring but get his bird rights), SGA and Lou Williams for Kawhi and Delon Wright? 

49 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Here's a better question than the AD one...

What do the Raptors do knowing that Kawhi wants to go home to LA (Clippers)? Do they ride him out in hopes of winning the East and trying for the chip and lose him for nothing or do they move him at the deadline? Do you move him to the Clippers? Say Tobias Harris (expiring but get his bird rights), SGA and Lou Williams for Kawhi and Delon Wright? 

Nah, if you are the Raptors you play it out. You have a legitimate shot to get to the finals and possibly win. What happens after that happens. No guarantee Kawhi leaves the Raptors. He seems to really like it there and they have a great team. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

All these reports are funny to me.  Now, nobody wants to play for the Lakers and play with LeBron.  A year ago today, nobody pegged LeBron to be going to the franchise with the worst record over the past 5-6 years.... but guess what?  He did. 

No one pegged the Lakers to get LeBron? Huh? There were plenty of reports out that LeBron was leaving and looking at the Lakers. That was one of the reasons Kyrie wanted to get traded. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, if you are the Clippers you play it out. You have a legitimate shot to get to the finals and possibly win. What happens after that happens. No guarantee Kawhi leaves the Raptors. He seems to really like it there and they have a great team. 

Oh, I hope they do nothing and he leaves. Opens the door WIDE for the Bucks to really only have to compete with Boston for the East once they get their stuff sorted out.