NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

7 minutes ago, Utley said:

He's shooting 38.3 percent on catch-and-shoot 3s.

I guess you're not hearing me well. How many Celtics games do you watch? Don't think they make a stat for it and I don't give a *** about stats but what I'm trying to say is that is Marcus Smart will have the most open widest looks of any player I've seen on the Celtics and possibly in the NBA.

11 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I guess you're not hearing me well. How many Celtics games do you watch? Don't think they make a stat for it and I don't give a *** about stats but what I'm trying to say is that is Marcus Smart will have the most open widest looks of any player I've seen on the Celtics and possibly in the NBA.

And I'm telling you, this year, he's making them at a good clip. Catch-and-shoot threes are usually the most open looks, and he's hitting them. Period. Your eyes are wrong.

11 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Don't think they make a stat for it and I don't give a *** about stats

They do! He only shoots 34% on wide open shots (nearest defender is further than 6 feet). 36% on open shots (defender between 4-6 feet). 42% on tightly contested shots (defender 2-4 feet).

4 minutes ago, Utley said:

And I'm telling you, this year, he's making them at a good clip. Catch-and-shoot threes are usually the most open looks, and he's hitting them. Period. Your eyes are wrong.

Okay since you stats freaks love your little analytics Stats, James Harden is not even in the top 40 in shooting percentage from 3. Yet James Harden is clearly a top 3 shooter

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

They do! He only shoots 34% on wide open shots (nearest defender is further than 6 feet). 36% on open shots (defender between 4-6 feet). 42% on tightly contested shots (defender 2-4 feet).

And you are right. 2.8 of his 4.4 attempts are considered wide open. Another 1.4 are considered open. Leaving only .2 of his attempts being tight or very tightly contested. 

4 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Okay since you stats freaks love your little analytics Stats, James Harden is not even in the top 40 in shooting percentage from 3. Yet James Harden is clearly a top 3 shooter

Lol. Harden isn't a top three 3-point shooter. Crazy that "stats freaks that love little analytics stats" are the ones who are running most teams and make up a large portion of NBA FOs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Utley said:

Lol. Harden isn't a top three 3-point shooter. Crazy that "stats freaks that love little analytics stats" are the ones who are running most teams and make up a large portion of NBA FOs.

lol back at you... if you don't think James Harden is one of the top NBA 3-point shooters then it is pointless to go on with this conversation. An analytics don't win championships Talent does

31 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I don't think cwood ever changed the title when I did it, my bet would be rtid. you can kinda tell when lonestar does it just like you can tell when he makes a thread

Good guess. It was I.

Also, watching the Bucks, all I can think is, man Khris Middleton is HIGHLY replaceable. I really hope they don't pay the man this offseason.

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

lol back at you... if you don't think James Harden is one of the top NBA 3-point shooters then it is pointless to go on with this conversation. An analytics don't win championships Talent does

So you think James Harden is a better three-point shooter than Steph, KD, Klay, PG, and Kyrie? That's four off the top of my head. Not to mention guys like Redick, Hield, Danny Green, and Kyle Korver.

5 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Also, you know the best teams in the league (well, every team in the league) heavily use analytics, right?

9 minutes ago, Utley said:

So you think James Harden is a better three-point shooter than Steph, KD, Klay, PG, and Kyrie? That's four off the top of my head. Not to mention guys like Redick, Hield, Danny Green, and Kyle Korver.

James Harden is one of the top shooters in NBA history but at this time I'm trying to enjoy this last three point five seconds of the Bucks game so I don't care where he is on my current list

Edited by resilient part 2