NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

The boys in blue are coming for that ecf throne lookout Milwaukee and Toronto

The funny part is this comment is only HALF joking. I've gotten to watch Orlando 3x since last week and they are legit. Their defense is markedly improved (I have no idea why) and Isaac is playing out of his mind right now, literally getting better and better each successive game.

I'll be curious to see how Fultz fits into the rotation (assuming he play this year), but Orlando should easily be able to beat out the rest of the crappy teams in the East for that 7th/8th seed.

Yeah Magic are on a quite run. This 5 game win streak isn't too impressive considering the competition, but in their last 8 they only lost to the Thunder in a close game, and beat the Pacers and Nets. Even looking at the 10 games before that, though they were a paltry 3-7, it was about as good a 3-7 as you can have lol. Wins over the Celtics and Rockets, then very close losses in the each of the 7 Ls which included OKC, Houston again, Nets x2, Bucks and OT loss in Detroit.

Last 18 games they have an average PD of + 6.3 which is 6th best in the league in this specific stretch. Could maybe serve to disrupt the ECSF of Bucks, Celtics, 76ers and Raptors that we are all expecting...

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

The funny part is this comment is only HALF joking. I've gotten to watch Orlando 3x since last week and they are legit. Their defense is markedly improved (I have no idea why) and Isaac is playing out of his mind right now, literally getting better and better each successive game.

I'll be curious to see how Fultz fits into the rotation (assuming he play this year), but Orlando should easily be able to beat out the rest of the crappy teams in the East for that 7th/8th seed.

Removing two selfish ball stopping vets in Grant and Simmons from the rotation and replacing them with two young hungry players that have the team’s best interest in mind in Briscoe and Iwundu has helped keep the momentum going our starters have been generating. They’ve really helped our defense and bring the energy...Grant and Simmons were horrible on both ends. 

We got a top 5 center who’s now an all-star, one of the best 6th men in the league, and a very good defensive tandem that can switch on to multiple positions. Could cause some problems.

As for Fultz, I doubt we see him this year. Just a feeling though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, showtime said:

Pels insiders are saying this what the org wants people to think, but supposedly Demps never had a say on the Lakers offer and was being set up to be the scapegoat. They were never gonna take the Lakers deal this early but still want them in the bidding war in the offseason

Edited by amac

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yeah Magic are on a quite run. This 5 game win streak isn't too impressive considering the competition, but in their last 8 they only lost to the Thunder in a close game, and beat the Pacers and Nets. Even looking at the 10 games before that, though they were a paltry 3-7, it was about as good a 3-7 as you can have lol. Wins over the Celtics and Rockets, then very close losses in the each of the 7 Ls which included OKC, Houston again, Nets x2, Bucks and OT loss in Detroit.

Last 18 games they have an average PD of + 6.3 which is 6th best in the league in this specific stretch. Could maybe serve to disrupt the ECSF of Bucks, Celtics, 76ers and Raptors that we are all expecting...

I'd still wager them not to make the playoffs. Always leery of success prior to an Allstar Break. A lot of teams already thinking about their time. I don't think the Magic have the competitive stamina to go down the stretch with a winning record.

Detroit, Charlotte, and Miami will muddy it up enough. I admit that the Magic are in this same tier.

But I suppose it's not saying much to say 1 out of 4 teams won't make the playoffs, lol.

45 minutes ago, Eminence said:

I'd still wager them not to make the playoffs. Always leery of success prior to an Allstar Break. A lot of teams already thinking about their time. I don't think the Magic have the competitive stamina to go down the stretch with a winning record.

Detroit, Charlotte, and Miami will muddy it up enough. I admit that the Magic are in this same tier.

But I suppose it's not saying much to say 1 out of 4 teams won't make the playoffs, lol.

Probably won’t need a winning record to make the playoffs in the East haha. We have like the 4th or 5th easiest schedule to end the season 

7 hours ago, dtait93 said:

As for Fultz, I doubt we see him this year. Just a feeling though.

unless his shot isn't janky af anymore, no reason for him to replace Briscoe in the rotation right now. unless Briscoe starts sucking. his D/effort is a huge part of this little stretch we're on. 

also Khem Birch is probably gonna get a pretty pricey deal from someone this offseason, which sucks. it's weird how often we have solid bigs on the bench and then don't play them until their deal expires like 2 months later and then someone pays them a solid bit of coin. like o'quinn. then dedmon. now it's gonna be khem. khem's better than both of them fwiw for team's looking for bigs this offseason. doubt he'll be back in ORL unless we don't bring Vuc back. 

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

unless his shot isn't janky af anymore, no reason for him to replace Briscoe in the rotation right now. unless Briscoe starts sucking. his D/effort is a huge part of this little stretch we're on. 

also Khem Birch is probably gonna get a pretty pricey deal from someone this offseason, which sucks. it's weird how often we have solid bigs on the bench and then don't play them until their deal expires like 2 months later and then someone pays them a solid bit of coin. like o'quinn. then dedmon. now it's gonna be khem. khem's better than both of them fwiw for team's looking for bigs this offseason. doubt he'll be back in ORL unless we don't bring Vuc back. 

Yeah it’d be tough to pull Briscoe right now but if Fultz is a go and that shot is fixed you got to. Atleast we’ve found out that Briscoe is a capable back up. Dream scenario would be Fultz coming back 100%, getting something for DJ’s expiring contract next year, and letting Briscoe take on the backup pg role for good.

But yeah Khem’s probably as good as gone if we don’t bring back Vuc (which we should). Bamba will easily be able to do what Khem’s doing and more once the game slows down for him, he’s lost af out there lol. He needs to continue to learn the game and bulks up as a reserve. He barely played half a season at like 15 mpg and his leg already broke lol. We’re gonna be a lot worse next year if he and Khem are our centers. Vuc gotta be brought back.

2 hours ago, MVPatrickMahomes15 said:

Something tells me you don't watch a lot of basketball. Markieff Morris is exactly the kind of player who gets you over the hump in a playoff series by having a gritty 20 point night.

If he’s healthy it’s a real nice pick up. I wanted him on the rockets. The way the seeding is working out, I think it’s gonna come down to Houston vs Golden State in the conference semis and then the thunder vs Warriors in the CF. At least this year the warriors will have to work for that ring.