NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Sans the 73-9 Warriors, are the 2000 Blazers the best/most talented team to not win a title? Arguably the best team to not even make the Finals. That team was STOUT. 59-23. 3rd in O RTG, 5th in D RTG. Easily dispatched the Wolves and Spurs and took that Lakers team to the brink. 

Damon Stoudamire
Steve Smith
Scottie Pippen
Rasheed Wallace
Arvydas Sabonis

Detlef Schrempf
Brian Grant
Greg Anthony
Bonzi Wells
Jermaine O'Neal
Stacey Augmon

Absolute perfect combination of talent, youth, vets and depth. God damn.

Yea, that's one of the better teams for sure.  The Kings team that should have went to the Finals, but lost to the Lakers and refs in he western conference finals is also up there.

After last night's triple double, Giannis jumped up to a 50% probability to win the MVP according the B Ref. Was at ~42% before the game IIRC.

EDIT - Meant to put this in the Bucks thread....whoops. xD But I'll leave it here anyways for the lulz.

Edited by beekay414

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

How does Tracy hate on today's game? 

100 is definitely unlikely, but peak Kobe with this type of pace and space league would give it a run. Highly likely he falls short and doesn't even get to 90, but dude would have had so many explosions. Even old 17th year Kobe in 2013 was putting up great numbers. 

I mean the comment we are talking about is an example. It’s a total disrespect to the talent in today’s game to say Kobe could score 100. Scottie is the only one on that Jump panel is the only one who doesn’t hate on today’s game 

I agree he would have so many more explosions but he’s not sniffing 100 or even 90 for that matter 

4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I mean the comment we are talking about is an example. It’s a total disrespect to the talent in today’s game to say Kobe could score 100. Scottie is the only one on that Jump panel is the only one who doesn’t hate on today’s game 

I agree he would have so many more explosions but he’s not sniffing 100 or even 90 for that matter 

He wouldn’t sniff 90, but scored 81 over a decade ago when the rules weren’t as favorable to offensive players? C’mon now

20 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Kyrie is a great scorer, and I am not surprised Boston scores more with him. but without doing the splits, I am willing to bet players such as Tatum, Brown and especially GH play significantly better without Kyrie. The young guys resent Kyrie because he has a tendency to dominant the ball. and it is proven, they struggle more when he plays then when he doesn't. But a player like Kyrie will be needed in a tough playoff series. Just think there is a divide among KI and the younger players who seek stardom. This is a team that can come together, but the challenge has not happened and we are already past the half way point.

And this conversation is going on everywhere, not just in Boston.

Except the numbers and analytics prove that you're wrong.

3 hours ago, dtait93 said:

He wouldn’t sniff 90, but scored 81 over a decade ago when the rules weren’t as favorable to offensive players? C’mon now

Yes. Because after getting 81 once. He never got close to that ever again. Before that he never got close. A whole of circumstances have to occur for that to happen. 

12 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Yes. Because after getting 81 once. He never got close to that ever again. Before that he never got close. A whole of circumstances have to occur for that to happen. 

Yeah except we’re not talking about how regularly he could do it. We’re talking about if he actually could or not. If he could sniff 90 back then there’s no reason to think he couldn’t now.

Edited by dtait93