NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, again, Kobe would have to shoot more 3s if he played in this era and worked on his long range shot more no doubt. But TS% are higher now than they were during 06, no? I know we had quite a few players averaging over 30 that year, but that was more so with the amount of shot attempts they had and the amount of minutes they played. But not exactly a fair comparison as offenses are more efficient with the pace and space type of playing style. 

so we get to add stuff to his game just because? Can I take away his midrange game and fadeaways because they would be thought of as inefficient shots today? we get a completely different Kobe, let our imaginations run wild. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Yes it is, your 100 possession example is not what I'm comparing.

yes it is. because I said Harden is more efficient and because he shoots way more threes than Kobe it is true that Harden is more efficient than Kobe.

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I compared equal value shots at equal distances for both players

yes but you also didn't give me volume, which is more important. Harden barely shoots all the other shots, he basically only shoots the shots that he is more efficient than Kobe is. Which is why he is more efficient. 

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Harden's twilight years can't be taken in to account yet like Kobe's can

that is why I gave you their best scoring seasons too and the difference was the same.

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

so we get to add stuff to his game just because? Can I take away his midrange game and fadeaways because they would be thought of as inefficient shots today? we get a completely different Kobe, let our imaginations run wild. 

Just because? No, just reality. Would he not be taking more three pointers? Doesn't mean he abandons other parts of his game, just adds to it. 

And so are offenses in today's NBA not more efficient than the mid 00s? 

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just because? No, just reality. Would he not be taking more three pointers? Doesn't mean he abandons other parts of his game, just adds to it. 

And so are offenses in today's NBA not more efficient than the mid 00s? 

Why is that? If he grew up 10 years later, you think he'd still have those same moves in his arsenal? You can't say "Well yeah he'd have to add 3s to his game because of the era" and then just assume he'd still have everything else when those are things people don't work on in that same era he's adjusting to.

If he's truly adjusting to the era like you said, then he's not utilizing the mid-range or post game nearly as much.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Lol u serious right now? Kobe's offensive arsenal is on another planet compared to Harden, it's not close. Harden is only able to drive or take a step back 3. Kobe could drive, step back 3, post, and abuse you from mid-range. Kobe scored 81 on 13 attempts from 3...Harden averages 13.6 attempts from 3 per game and, like you said, can't even get to 70. They aren't close.

Harden is averaging more PPG on 3 less shots per game than Kobe's best scoring season.

Edited by seminoles1

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Why is that? If he grew up 10 years later, you think he'd still have those same moves in his arsenal? You can't day "Well yeah he'd have to add 3s to his game because of the era" and then just assume he'd still have everything else when those are things people don't work on in that same era he's adjusting to.

Why wouldn't he have the same moves in his arsenal? This isn't to even say he completely changes his game. Just he would have to adjust some and shoot more 3s like everyone else. You are acting like I'm saying he is going to completely change his playing style. No, not saying that at all. I'm looking at it more in the fact that it would be almost impossible to double him at the top of the key or on the elbow area with more spacing and he would absolutely annihilate opposing defenses. 

You have everyone's TS% going up, but some how Kobe's was going to stay the same? You could say it is no guarantee his three ball improves and what not, and that is fair. But without a doubt Kobe would do more damage in this era than in the mid 00s. That's just how the game was built now. Way too good spacing that opens everything up. I mean Kobe seven years later where he was much older in D'antoni's system in 2013 had a higher TS% than he did in 2006. So yeah, don't think it is exactly fair to compare Harden's TS% in today's league to what Kobe's was in 2006. 

7 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

yes it is. because I said Harden is more efficient and because he shoots way more threes than Kobe it is true that Harden is more efficient than Kobe.

yes but you also didn't give me volume, which is more important. Harden barely shoots all the other shots, he basically only shoots the shots that he is more efficient than Kobe is. Which is why he is more efficient. 

that is why I gave you their best scoring seasons too and the difference was the same.

Your entire argument is based on era’s. If Kobe played in today’s era his 3 point volume would have sky rocketed and with how superior he was to Harden inside the 3 point line this wouldn’t even be a conversation.

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Harden is averaging more PPG on 3 less shots per game than Kobe's best scoring season.

Because the game wasn’t built around launching 3 pointers like it was going out of style and you were aloud to play defense back then.

8 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Watched Hornets/Magic last night. Was expecting a closer game than that. The Hornets lead their division at 27-30, when was the last time a team in the NBA finished the season with a division win and was below .500?

The boys in blue are coming for that ecf throne lookout Milwaukee and Toronto

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Kobe was not a great shooter but he was definitely the better player than Harden. 

No doubt, but I think argument is more that Harden puts up better numbers in the regular season, and as as I'm concerned that is pretty much fact. Now others say Kobe would have been a more efficient player if he played "in this era" but I really don't see that. Sure, he'd take more 3s, but that's not improving his efficiency unless he also became a better 3pt shooter, and to assume that is ridiculous. It's not like 3s weren't a major part of the game when he played, unlike the 1980s, so he obviously worked on that aspect of his game a ton.

• Like 1