State of our team

Rolni

The 49ers roster is a weak one. They played with their 3rd string QB, who by the way was making his NFL debute.

And they totally dominated us. On O and on D. I seriously start to doubt Gruden and his offensive scheme, playcalling and also I start to doubt PG and his defensive work.

Add to that that I don't trust Gruden the GM...

The horizon is pretty sark IMO

16 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

When you don’t get a  protection how are you supposed to throw the ball deep?

You make it seem like Carr has all day to throw.

And last nights game Carr got hit 17 times in the first half alone.

Just freestyling Raiders should try to get Two TE’s like an Ertz and Goedert or Brate and Howard and try to own the middle of field with Carr. 

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

When you don’t get a  protection how are you supposed to throw the ball deep?

You make it seem like Carr has all day to throw.

And last nights game Carr got hit 17 times in the first half alone.

Some of it is protection, sure. Cable is garbage. Called that one in the offseason. But let's not pretend like Carr isn't part of the issue. 

There is significant amount of film that show him failing to hang in the pocket and taking the check down instead of letting a play develop. Or worse, simply checking down on plays when he has a lot of time. And when he does throw down field, he floats passes with a lot of air under them. 

He's broken. He can't handle pressure and is looking to check it down to quickly. He sacked himself 3-4 times last night alone. 

34 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Some of it is protection, sure. Cable is garbage. Called that one in the offseason. But let's not pretend like Carr isn't part of the issue. 

There is significant amount of film that show him failing to hang in the pocket and taking the check down instead of letting a play develop. Or worse, simply checking down on plays when he has a lot of time. And when he does throw down field, he floats passes with a lot of air under them. 

He's broken. He can't handle pressure and is looking to check it down to quickly. He sacked himself 3-4 times last night alone. 

First thing I’ve agreed with you in a while. Carr is done. Actually, he was never good in the pocket and letting plays develop. The 2016 Offensive Line (one of the best pass protections ever) masked his flaws. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

First thing I’ve agreed with you in a while. Carr is done. Actually, he was never good in the pocket and letting plays develop. The 2016 Offensive Line (one of the best pass protections ever) masked his flaws. 

It’s going to be fun times around here you, Bit and Oaktown56 are very pro Chuck but you don’t like Carr while they defend him and you have the rest of us 

Gruden may have a 10 year contract, but guys like Cable and Guenther sure don't.

That "WTF" snarl from Gruden to PG was very candid, you can tell he's had it with this defense's performance. Just wait till KC...

To this day I have not seen what the fuss was about Guenther anyway. 

People can pat themselves on the back saying the Cable hire was awful....well no sht. We all said that, it was clear as day xD. Bad scheme fit, bad coach, bad guy, bad retread. Who honestly liked the hire?? 

Lastly--an odd time to rip Carr. He has 0 help on a short week. No time to throw and no weapons to throw to. He is one of the only players who has not quit and has been our only vocal leader despite criticism from all outsiders including Raider fans. And you're mad he slid a bit early on a scramble in a blowout?

Mad he doesn't throw downfield more? Do you guys seriously watch the games? Draw up a play that he can throw downfield given his resources. We would all love to see it.

This fanbase sounds dumber every week. Harsh, but true. 

12 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

It’s going to be fun times around here you, Bit and Oaktown56 are very pro Chuck but you don’t like Carr while they defend him and you have the rest of us 

Seems most are either Pro on both Chucky and Carr or negative on both. I’m a bit of an oddball being pro on chucky and negative on Carr. Actually, I’m not even all that pro on chucky himself, I’m pro on the decision to tear everything down and rebuild. Absolute 100% the right move. 

As for Carr he has always been a guy that does 1-2 quick reads and a cery very fast QB getting the ball out. He rarely ever let plays develop. Teams figured him out. He’s done. 

Has NOTHING to do with his injury. Such a cop out excuse. These were his flaws scouts always pointed out since college and then people blame his injury. Comical. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Seems most are either Pro on both Chucky and Carr or negative on both. I’m a bit of an oddball being pro on chucky and negative on Carr. Actually, I’m not even all that pro on chucky himself, I’m pro on the decision to tear everything down and rebuild. Absolute 100% the right move. 

As for Carr he has always been a guy that does 1-2 quick reads and a cery very fast QB getting the ball out. He rarely ever let plays develop. Teams figured him out. He’s done. 

Has NOTHING to do with his injury. Such a cop out excuse. These were his flaws scouts always pointed out since college and then people blame his injury. Comical. 

I’m with you on Carr skeptical about Gruden but I just saw a post saying the fan base is dumb for piling on Carr but agreed with your overall point.

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Have you not watched the games?  While I am not completely blaming the Oline, they have been terrible and the word terrible is an understatement.  Every time Carr has dropped back he has multiple defenders in his face.  I'm not sure if you understand the situation or what you expect him to do?  Sit back and get killed and not get the pass off or check it down for something?  It happened last night against a below average SF D.  You want to throw fancy words around like "gun shy" when in reality it is lack of time to access the field.  

Carr is a pocket passer and lacks lateral mobility like Russell Wilson for example.  He can run for his life and buy time when plays break down, Carr can not.  

All of that plus a terrible running game, the worst WR group in the NFL and don't get me started on the D.  It's not rocket science as to why Carr has not played well.  To say that Carr has been this or that his whole career is false.  The guy was an MVP candidate a few years ago and lead an average Raiders team to the playoffs.  He also had the most TD passes for any QB over his first 3 years sans Marino.  Not too shabby for a so called 27 year old bum who Raider fans want to kick to the curb for Fitztrash.  

4 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

I’m with you on Carr skeptical about Gruden but I just saw a post saying the fan base is dumb for piling on Carr but agreed with your overall point.

I just don’t get it with this forums obsession with Carr. I think because of the 12 year QB drought they are afraid to let to and think he’s better than he actually is. Sounds like your typical insecure relationship in real life. He’s not that good. Has never pushed the ball down field much, his best YPA year was what, 7.6? Still bad in todays NFL standards, never lets plays develops, locks onto targets, sees phantom pressure and goes to the checkdown (Jalen Richard is the most targeted RB in football this season, actually I think most targeted in general this season. I’ll have to check later). He’s just not a great QB. Let him go to the Giants where he can look somewhat similar to 2016 with all that massive talent. He absolutely won’t be no Patrick Mahomes. He’ll do his 32-7 with 3900-4100 yards with a 7.6 YPA. That’s literally his ceiling. 

Cable need to go right after the season. The next OL coach sure has a better chance to develope Miller and Parker, while playing KO's and Gabe's strength too.

I also could see PG out, however that would again reflect pretty bad on Gruden, that he needs to change his coaching staff after the first year...he supposed to have a great staff in his pocket by his hire right?

4 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Cable need to go right after the season. The next OL coach sure has a better chance to develope Miller and Parker, while playing KO's and Gabe's strength too.

I also could see PG out, however that would again reflect pretty bad on Gruden, that he needs to change his coaching staff after the first year...he supposed to have a great staff in his pocket by his hire right?

I agree, this is Gruden's hand picked staff and they are embarrassed in every facet of the game.  Gunther should get a pass as he has shown that he can be a competent D coordinator but Cable.  Trash through and through.  100 percent steaming pile of trash.  

15 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Have you not watched the games?  While I am not completely blaming the Oline, they have been terrible and the word terrible is an understatement.  Every time Carr has dropped back he has multiple defenders in his face.  I'm not sure if you understand the situation or what you expect him to do?  Sit back and get killed and not get the pass off or check it down for something?  It happened last night against a below average SF D.  You want to throw fancy words around like "gun shy" when in reality it is lack of time to access the field.  

Carr is a pocket passer and lacks lateral mobility like Russell Wilson for example.  He can run for his life and buy time when plays break down, Carr can not.  

All of that plus a terrible running game, the worst WR group in the NFL and don't get me started on the D.  It's not rocket science as to why Carr has not played well.  To say that Carr has been this or that his whole career is false.  The guy was an MVP candidate a few years ago and lead an average Raiders team to the playoffs.  He also had the most TD passes for any QB over his first 3 years sans Marino.  Not too shabby for a so called 27 year old bum who Raider fans want to kick to the curb for Fitztrash.  

For some reason my post didn’t go through, but Carr has had a Top 10 Pass Protection according to both SIS and PFF. As BP said, he sacked himself for 4 times last night. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

For some reason my post didn’t go through, but Carr has had a Top 10 Pass Protection according to both SIS and PFF. As BP said, he sacked himself for 4 times last night. 

Top 10 pass protection when?  Last night?  Sacking himself sounds cute and all but I watched most of the game and the play where he "sacked himself" Carr had pressure for both DE's, he stepped up right into pressure from up the middle.  You would think we were playing the 85 Bears.  

Anyone else really worried about our 2018 draft class?  I hated the class on draft day and it was widely criticized and then after some time most us became more positive about the class during training camp.  Now it’s starting to look like all our concerns were valid and it really worries me about the future of this team because so much relies on hitting on picks.

Kolton Miller - the one player I wanted us the avoid in the 1st round.  Looked decent the first few games but has been absolutely atrocious the last 3 or 4, looking just as bad as he did at UCLA.  Hopefully it’s just his knee but given what he did at UCLA im not feeling confident

PJ Hall, Arden Key, Maurice Hurst - Hurst has been the best of the group it everyone is pretty meh so far although Hall has been dealing with injuries.  Our pass rush is abysmal and this trio obviously isn’t ready to fill the holes along the line. 

Brandon Parker - he’s been terrible and cant play over our awful backup OTs.  That shouldn’t happen to a 3rd round pick.

Townsend - embarrassment needs to get cut next week.

Archived