Week 5 GDT - Titans @ Bills

FutureIsWhite

Just now, 615finest said:

Think that could be on Lafleur too, getting him the plays late.

It's been happening all season. Dunno what the deal is. Whether it's LaFleur being slow, O'Hara relaying it slow, or Marcus taking too long to tell the huddle the play. Or some mix of the 3.

5 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

Whatever happened to those refs from the playoff game vs. the Ravens a few years ago?? They woulda let that go for sure ?

Isn't it a thing where you still have a second when it shows 00? I feel like that was an explanation a lot of people threw at me back then but I can't remember.

Either way, I can't blame the refs for that first half. That was UGLY football. Hopefully Vrabel destroys everyone in the locker room and they come out looking like a different team.

Just now, imDelusional said:

Isn't it a thing where you still have a second when it shows 00? I feel like that was an explanation a lot of people threw at me back then but I can't remember.

Either way, I can't blame the refs for that first half. That was UGLY football. Hopefully Vrabel destroys everyone in the locker room and they come out looking like a different team.

After some game had a delay of game issue last week a former ref came out and said the clock isn't what enforces the rule exactly/isn't a strict "when it hits 0 it's a penalty".

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

It's been happening all season. Dunno what the deal is. Whether it's LaFleur being slow, O'Hara relaying it slow, or Marcus taking too long to tell the huddle the play. Or some mix of the 3.

Couple additional factors are Marcus changes the play a fair amount and it seems like all of our plays incorporate pre-snap movement usually by a TE that slows things down as well.

The offense definitely looks like it has what it takes to be good, but just ins't firing on all cylinders. If it's not one person, it's another.

Taylor with the fumble, Davis slipping on the hold, Mariota throwing it to Nick Williams on that ever popular non-breaking slant route, and now Mariota looking like he's out of it.

We need a real deep ball threat. I think Taylor can be a good receiver for us, but he has shown several times that he doesn't track the deep ball well. Interfered with or not he wasn't catching that. He turned his head to the outside shoulder as if the ball was badly thrown... only to have to turn it back inside.

On the good side... Bortles is Bortlesing some more lololol.

Archived