Speculative Add - Ronald Jones

a4ce

People saying he might be the starter after the bye.  Got a burner spot on my roster where  I could stash him.  Actually, it’s Gio’s Spot.  He’s out 2-4 weeks now.  

RBs are Kamara, Bell, Michel, Lynch, Gio, and Connor.

Or stand pat?

40 minutes ago, a4ce said:

People saying he might be the starter after the bye.  Got a burner spot on my roster where  I could stash him.  Actually, it’s Gio’s Spot.  He’s out 2-4 weeks now.  

RBs are Kamara, Bell, Michel, Lynch, Gio, and Connor.

Or stand pat?

How big is your league that he's not owned already?

I’ve dropped Bernard for Foreman in a league. Jones is definitely worth a speculative add based on who else is available, but he’s not better than anyone on your current team (but may has more opportunity than Bernard...at least as of now) and he’s not better than Foreman. Remember...Barber started because Jones was awful this preseason. Barber was decent but that offense doesn’t look like a functional running offense, and their defense will force them into shootouts. 

I’d go: Foreman, Penny, Jones, then Bernard

8 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’ve dropped Bernard for Foreman in a league. Jones is definitely worth a speculative add based on who else is available, but he’s not better than anyone on your current team (but may has more opportunity than Bernard...at least as of now) and he’s not better than Foreman. Remember...Barber started because Jones was awful this preseason. Barber was decent but that offense doesn’t look like a functional running offense, and their defense will force them into shootouts. 

I’d go: Foreman, Penny, Jones, then Bernard

Yup, my second post I was thinking of Foreman.  Miller and Blue not impressive.

3 hours ago, a4ce said:

2 more yo consider:  Penny and  Foreman. I’m thinking Foreman now.  Better o-line than TB and SEA.

Foreman's who I would target if you (anyone) has an IR spot to spare, because you can stash him there until Week 7 (and depending on how your league structures things, potentially a little longer assuming you don't need to make any WW additions once he's activated).

I'd probably lean Jones after that because we've seen Pete Carroll willing to shine the norm of "well, the club spent a premium pick on the guy, so I should try to find a way to get him reps," and also because everyone in front of Jones has looked utterly disastrous.

I like Foreman because he gives you more immediate flexibility (and has at least some prior demonstration that he can produce in the offense), but Jones is worthy of a speculative pick up to me, particularly with Bernard now having the sprained MCL that's going to shelf him for 2-4 weeks and give Mixon a chance to really establish out-and-out bell cow status.

Yeah Jones and Foreman are still there in my league as well..

My question is: I have Dalton as my starter, lost Jimmy G two week ago. Who is the better pickup? Winston or Baker Mayfield? I do like Dalton's schedule for the next few weeks but just wondering who was the better stash between winston and mayfield. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yeah Jones and Foreman are still there in my league as well..

My question is: I have Dalton as my starter, lost Jimmy G two week ago. Who is the better pickup? Winston or Baker Mayfield? I do like Dalton's schedule for the next few weeks but just wondering who was the better stash between winston and mayfield. 

Winston could legit be a top 5 QB the rest of the way 

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Winston could legit be a top 5 QB the rest of the way 

Starting this week too 

He's got a fairly soft schedule the rest of the way (only a couple of games I may stream him out), and a ton of offensive weapons. I'm not bullish enough on his decision making to put him in top 5 territory, but Fitzmagic did it for a few weeks and Winston is actually the more accurate down field thrower, so there's definitely the opportunity. 

Archived