Where Does #52 Rank Along Jersey Numbers?

footbull3196

Where does the #52 rank among jersey numbers?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Where does the #52 rank among jersey numbers?

• 1st
    • Top 3
    • Top 5
    • Top 8
    • Top 10
    • Outside of top 10

Here's NFL networks list of top 10 jersey numbers:

As usual, they got their top 10 list wrong.  I would argue that the #52 is a number that every great linebacker should strive to wear because of the group they would place themselves in

Ray Lewis, Patrick Willis, and Khalil Mack headline this jersey number as once in a generation talents.  I think at the very least, it should be ranked where #85 is at, so at least 8th on the list. I think you could make a case as high as 6th

23 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

ILB is the most devalued D position outside of 0-tech NT.  Not really surprising that the top ILB jersey doesn't make the top 10.

Alright, then which linebacker number do you think should make the top 10?  54, 56, maybe 58?

27 minutes ago, rich homie said:

I'm not quite sure I understand the question here

17 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

yeah. what is being asked? 

NFL Network made one of their countdowns titled "Top 10 Jersey Numbers", which lists the best jersey numbers by which number had the most great players wear it.  I posted the list up at the top.  Where does the jersey number #52 fit, either on that list or on your own personal list?

17 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Alright, then which linebacker number do you think should make the top 10?  54, 56, maybe 58?

55 way before 52.

Derrick Brooks

Junior Seau

Willie McGinest (future HOF)

Also Terrell Suggs ,Chris Hanburger, Lee Roy Jordan, Matt Millen, Joey Porter

https://www.si.com/nfl/photos/2010/08/29best-nfl-player-by-jersey-number-50-99#1

22 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

#88 needs to be on there for sure.

Drew Pearson, Michael Irvin, Marvin Harrison, Tony Gonzalez, Cris Carter, John Mackey, Alan Page, Clarence Parker, Charlie Sanders, and Lynn Swan to name a few who have worn it.

I agree with your point, but Cris Carter wore 80 his entire time with the Eagles and Vikings.  If youre gonna try to use his time with the Dolphins when he wore #88 to make a case for him being included in that list then lol ok sure whatever you say

1 hour ago, footbull3196 said:

I agree with your point, but Cris Carter wore 80 his entire time with the Eagles and Vikings.  If youre gonna try to use his time with the Dolphins when he wore #88 to make a case for him being included in that list then lol ok sure whatever you say

I took some names from the official Pro Football Hall of Fame list. They have him listed as both 80 and 88.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

55 way before 52.

Derrick Thomas 

Junior Seau

Also Chris Hanburger, Lee Roy Jordan, Matt Millen, Joey Porter

https://www.si.com/nfl/photos/2010/08/29best-nfl-player-by-jersey-number-50-99#1

Lol, Derrick Thomas was #58, never #55 at any point in his career.  Nice try though

12 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Lol, Derrick Thomas was #58, never #55 at any point in his career.  Nice try though

Apologies wrong Derrick. Still applies since Derrick Brooks is just as good  or better then any #52 not named Ray Lewis.

Thanks for playing.

55 way before 52.

Derrick Brooks

Junior Seau

Also Terrell Suggs ,Chris Hanburger, Lee Roy Jordan, Matt Millen, Joey Porter

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Apologies wrong Derrick. Still applies since Derrick Brooks is just as good  or better then any #52 not named Ray Lewis.

Thanks for playing.

Got you.  That actually makes sense with Brooks in there next to Seau.  But I don't think Willie mcginest is a future HOF'er or even close to it.  Only 2 Pro Bowls, no All-Pros and 1 season of double digit sacks, even if he was a tackling machine and remained consistent over a decade in New England.  He seems to be your classic Hall of Very Good player

Lee Roy Jordan on the other hand is kind of overlooked.  I think you can definitely make a case for him to be a senior finalist for the HOF since he was one of the top players on the doomsday defenses of the 70s cowboys that won 2 titles and would have been a potential dynasty if not for the Steelers dominating the 70s

Archived