Packers Lions Post Game

skibrett15

27 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

That is sort of my point.

Aaron Jones knocked himself out of the game with a poor form block in the Buffalo game.

Was the block effective?- his guy didn't get Rodgers, but Jones was replaced by Williams after hobbling off and either couldn't or didn't re-enter the game.  But that is just McCarthy being stubborn.

Good point, scoring could be tainted, biased, or simply wrong.

Pack may well not trust Jones in pass protection and that could limit his time on the field.

Of course, Jones has played some, so that begs the questions, when and under what circumstances does he get to play?

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

I let that even go over my head, it was literally a recording of a guy's eyeball test and he mocked the eyeball test. SLINKY STRIKES AGAIN. Dude's been on fiya.

I am tempted to make a twitter account with some impressive sounding name and the post a bunch of GIF's with whatever I want to say as commentary and see if people will post it back at me like it came from someone who knows something.

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I am tempted to make a twitter account with some impressive sounding name and the post a bunch of GIF's with whatever I want to say as commentary and see if people will post it back at me like it came from someone who knows something.

They would. I've seen some posted here that are totally random guys just like we are here that aren't journalists or writing for sites, just like football and tweet.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Good point, scoring could be tainted, biased, or simply wrong.

Pack may well not trust Jones in pass protection and that could limit his time on the field.

Of course, Jones has played some, so that begs the questions, when and under what circumstances does he get to play?

It also begs the more important question of what will happen as he gets in better playing shape and gets better at the various aspects of playing running back.

Many fans are forgetting that he missed most of camp with the hamstring and then was suspended two weeks.  Some things do take time.

6 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

But realistically, did we lose because of the rookie mistakes?  

I thought it was a bad call on the first Detroit punt, but King shouldn't have been there with Tramon waiving it off- that was 7 points.

Crosby's field goals may have been longer than necessary due to the offense bogging down, but even if he mad only half and the extra point -7 points.

you can argue that Aaron isn't holding the ball long enough for Detroit to get the sack/fumble if the vets are playing, but part of that is on him by not just throwing it away to live to fight another day and give the defense a better opportunity to get a stop.

I don't think anyone is advocating for benching the starters, but if you get a lead on SanFrancisco, why wouldn't you give the vets some plays off to give the rookies more work.  Had we done that with Buffalo, maybe you have Allison for last week.   More experience may help if someone gets injured later as well.

Has anyone seen the all-22 on those 2 strip sacks?  Wonder is AR12 missed an open WR or were they covered?  I    know that the all-22 doesn't always do it justice though. Just because a guy is running free doesn't mean he was where he was supposed to be.... where AR looked for him before moving on to the next read.

Think we're missing Jordy's improv on plays like those.  Take for instance the TD that Graham dropped.  He stood around for a good portion of time staying covered, watching AR12 struggle before he decided to try to help out his QB.  

5 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

It also begs the more important question of what will happen as he gets in better playing shape and gets better at the various aspects of playing running back.

Many fans are forgetting that he missed most of camp with the hamstring and then was suspended two weeks.  Some things do take time.

Many fans also expect Rodgers and McCarthy to use a RB... they aren’t going to. You want Aaron Jones as a bigger role in this offense, you might as well be hoping Rodgers gets hurt again and misses time.

RBs just aren’t a focus in this offense with this QB. 

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

who scored him?

No clue on the scorer, and I honestly don't care which monkey pooped out that number . Its relatively meaningless
However; if Jones is doing better in pass pro - I'd think this is very good news in that a young, 5th round RB with a known deficiency is now improving that skill set through coaching & repetitions in practice. Maybe its actually working the way its supposed to work on a draft & develop team ? And kudos to the front office for identifying / selecting Jones in the first place. In a re-draft, Aaron Jones would go much higher than the 19th RB drafted that year. 

Aaron Jones beefed up his lower body in the offseason, both to handle the NFL pounding and to become a more stout pass protector.
IF he is getting results, that's a win in my book.

However, some posters will view that conjured pass-pro score as an indictment of the Packers coaches. It's what they do.

So here's my oft-repeated suggestion: 
FF has an Ignore List feature that can accommodate 25 posters per page (with no known limit on the number of pages you can fill)
These threads after a Packer loss are the perfect opportunity to decide who has the requisite intellectual and emotional intelligence to be worthy of our limited time on this planet.

We all make our own sandwiches in life, why would anybody put those turds on their sandwich if they don't have to ? Its no different than getting into your car and choosing which radio stations you wanna listen to. Don't enjoy Country & Western ?  Then don't tune in to those stations. But you also don't waste your time trying to teach Country & Western to be something else.... Its not gonna change. :)

38 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Good coaches will take blame for loses now and then. That's what leaders do. Players respect that. Yet Fat Mac never takes blame. It's ALWAYS on the players.

And then there's people here whining about me because I don't put any blame on the players and put it all on the coach. This is hilarious.

The moment I see the words "Fat Mac" on any of the various Packer sites I immediately think to myself "here's an opinion I don't need to read."

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The moment I see the words "Fat Mac" on any of the various Packer sites I immediately think to myself "here's an opinion I don't need to read."

But still feel the need to comment about it. 

I don't even feel bad. I've heard many first hand stories about his arrogant *** that you guys have no idea about. Maybe that's why I have extra hate for him than others? 

6 minutes ago, Slinky said:

But still feel the need to comment about it. 

I don't even feel bad. I've heard many first hand stories about his arrogant *** that you guys have no idea about. Maybe that's why I have extra hate for him than others? 

Yeah cause hearsay is the best way to base an opinion of someone. Contempt prior to investigation keeps the ignorance going. 

3 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Yeah cause hearsay is the best way to base an opinion of someone. Contempt prior to investigation keeps the ignorance going. 

Imagine having access to so many people who know Mike personally. I'm jealous!!

58 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Any word on if we are holding kicker tryouts this week or are we rolling with Crossbar? 

I know it would be the best day of your life, but Mason isn't getting cut unless he's totally ruined mentally going forward. He's come back from worse

49 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Kind of like Mason Crossbar. IDK if he's even got the Crossbar more than once or twice. Maybe he doesn't know what an upright is vs a cross bar

Archived