PC Gaming Rebooted

TankWilliams

2 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

F

Thanks lol

Iwas just talking about how I needed to upgrade today. It heard me and took it's own life. My gfx card was in the lower pcie slot. But it was getting hot. It was pretty dirty so i took it out and sprayed it with air and put it back in the upper slot so the fan has more room. Not sure why it was in that one. Everything was hooked right, loud electrical pop and a bit of a smell but nothing. Fans don't budge all, no lights. Just dead. So now I'm at a bar drinking to it's death lol

Oh well.

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Haven't tried it, but I've heard good things and it sounds awesome

After posting I found their reddit. Not but a couple thousand members. But all seem to be loving the game. Might go ahead and download it and give it a go for the weekend.

On 7/18/2018 at 5:38 PM, Norm said:

Just fried my PC.

RIP.

That sucks, but it's also pretty much perfect timing. 6 months ago that would have been a real issue.

I'm still running a GTX 960 :|

I'm almost hoping this machine explodes soon so I can justify upgrading.

On 7/20/2018 at 4:11 PM, nagahide13 said:

That sucks, but it's also pretty much perfect timing. 6 months ago that would have been a real issue.

I'm still running a GTX 960 :|

I'm almost hoping this machine explodes soon so I can justify upgrading.

Turns out it was just my PSU. She's back to life again, even got a better CPU and 16gb of ram for free out of the deal lol. My brother jacked some stuff from work that was going to be e-waste

I only have a 1060 ATM, I got it for 110 dollars brand new, it's just the ****ty 3gb one. I couldn't pass it up back then, but now I feel stupid for it. It mostly holds up though as long as I dont have to play ultra at 144 fps

Edited by Norm

• 1 month later...

Borrowing my brothers Oculus Rift while he's on vacation. VR is so easily going to be huge. Bought Fallout 4 VR, just wandered around Sanctuary after finding the Minutemen for who ******* knows how long just ******* off. At one point I caught myself just stacking tires for no ******* reason. **** I would never bother do because I think it's boring as **** in regular FO, I actually do now. I bet it would take me 400 hours this way to ACTUALLY finish the game, which I've still never even beat the first one after who knows how many in, and still I do more random **** than I did in there. Now to mod it and really get going. 

Tons of other great VR games now too, well, great compared to when I first experience VR anyways. It's moving pretty well methinks.

On 7/21/2018 at 6:33 PM, Norm said:

Turns out it was just my PSU. She's back to life again, even got a better CPU and 16gb of ram for free out of the deal lol. My brother jacked some stuff from work that was going to be e-waste

I only have a 1060 ATM, I got it for 110 dollars brand new, it's just the ****ty 3gb one. I couldn't pass it up back then, but now I feel stupid for it. It mostly holds up though as long as I dont have to play ultra at 144 fps

GPUs are going to decline in price in the very near future, if they haven't already. Frankly, you never should have gotten the 3GB one, but it is what it is. You can find 1080s in the $400 range. Check out the subreddit buildapcsales for deals.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

GPUs are going to decline in price in the very near future, if they haven't already. Frankly, you never should have gotten the 3GB one, but it is what it is. You can find 1080s in the $400 range. Check out the subreddit buildapcsales for deals.

This was a long damn time ago when they were like 250ish. I screwed up but it was a hundred bucks brand new. Truthfully I wasn't playing much of anything then so I didn't figure I'd throw a bunch of money at my PC. I have an after life use for it so it's not the end of the world. And yeah I love that sub. Working lots of extra hours so the 1080, 8700k and mobo are coming soon.

1 hour ago, Norm said:

This was a long damn time ago when they were like 250ish. I screwed up but it was a hundred bucks brand new. Truthfully I wasn't playing much of anything then so I didn't figure I'd throw a bunch of money at my PC. I have an after life use for it so it's not the end of the world. And yeah I love that sub. Working lots of extra hours so the 1080, 8700k and mobo are coming soon.

If you're patient, 1080TIs can be had for in the high $500s/low $600s. I think I paid like $630 for my EVGA that came with a Hydro Copper cooler for free. Gotta be honest, a 1080ti with that setup gets into the 1440p range, which is, frankly, amazing for PC gaming.

4 minutes ago, Slateman said:

If you're patient, 1080TIs can be had for in the high $500s/low $600s. I think I paid like $630 for my EVGA that came with a Hydro Copper cooler for free. Gotta be honest, a 1080ti with that setup gets into the 1440p range, which is, frankly, amazing for PC gaming.

Then I need to buy a new monitor too though haha. I've been thinking I would wait for a ti too actually. I saw some deals a couple times and almost jumped but I'll just be patient. My busy time of the year for a while then see how the prices sit. I think if I don't go 1080ti I'll just regret it honestly.