Bears @ Dolphins, 10/14/18, 12 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

M&T!

The first matchup to watch in the game is the Bears passing offense vs the Dolphins secondary. Unfortunately for Jordan Howard, I don't see this week as the one where he gets a lot of carries. Miami is 6th in football in yards per carry given up, so that part of their defense is stingy. Their pass defense, meanwhile, is...odd. They aren't as bad as Tampa Bay, but they aren't very good at first glance. They're in the bottom third of the league in yards per completion given up. They're middle of the pack in pass yards per game against. They get nowhere near the QB. However, on second glance, you can see some light at the end of their tunnel; they are one of the best in terms of passer rating against. They lead the league in INT's. Can Trubisky and Co. keep their momentum from week 4, or will the Dolphins force a few turnovers and make it a low scoring affair in their building?

The next matchup to watch is the Bears secondary vs the Miami aerial attack. Remember when everyone thought that the Bears should have kept Adam Gase around, similarly to what the Bucs did with Koetter/Lovie? That seems like ages ago (thank heavens they didn't go this route). Gase and his staff seem to be confused. Their passing game is horrible, averaging under 195 yards/game through the air, but they seem to not want to go away from it. As a team, the Phins are averaging 4.2 yards per rush, which isn't great or bad, but Drake and Gore are a nice tandem. They just aren't running the ball enough, but I don't think they are going to push the envelope in this one given that the Bears are second best in the NFL against the run. Can the Bears continue to crush the QB against a weak passing offense- who by the way lost their starting center for the year a week ago and could be without Laremy Tunsil for this game- or will the Dolphins break out and steal one at home in what could be their entire season with the way the Pats are coming on?

Bears 23-13

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

Which is weird, because the game is in MIA and orange is one of MIA's primary colors. Why not wear them the next week when we are at home against NE?

The home team picks the jersey, so the Dolphins typically wear white at home because of the sun. They probably thought they were slick making the Bears wear navy, but the Bears turned around and wore a slightly lighter color.

27 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The home team picks the jersey, so the Dolphins typically wear white at home because of the sun. They probably thought they were slick making the Bears wear navy, but the Bears turned around and wore a slightly lighter color.

If that's the case, they got lucky doing it this year. Normally a team can only wear one alternate jersey, but it changed this year, allowing the CHI to wear both orange and their 1940's monsters of the midway jerseys.

Just wish they were going color rush orange. Those would have been both fire and a bukkake of color.

8 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

If that's the case, they got lucky doing it this year. Normally a team can only wear one alternate jersey, but it changed this year, allowing the CHI to wear both orange and their 1940's monsters of the midway jerseys.

Just wish they were going color rush orange. Those would have been both fire and a bukkake of color.

Wordsmith. 

19 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I wouldn’t say lucky. McCaskey wanted the oranges this year so that’s the alternate they were going with; they’ll also wear them on 11/18 vs Minnesota. When the NFL ok’d a second alternate, they added the 1946 jerseys. They’ll wear those once, 10/28 vs NYJ.

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

In my pre-season predictions I had this pegged as a loss. I'm a huge fan of Vic Fangio and thought Nagy + Fangio were a darkhorse AFC contender.

Through 5 weeks of the season I don't have a good reason to alter this prediction.

Boy, were you wrong. There’s one very good reason to alter that prediction.

18 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

Which is weird, because the game is in MIA and orange is one of MIA's primary colors. Why not wear them the next week when we are at home against NE?

Because it's hot in Miami. The helmets will be bad enough.

Archived