Bears @ Dolphins, 10/14/18, 12 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

Trust me, heat is not a bs excuse.  Heat is a big deal.  The air gets thicker, you can't get water in your body fast enough to replace what you are losing.  Heat is a real thing.  There's a reason why all training stops in the military when you get to certain heat level.  Heat also effects your judgment and decision making. We used to tell kids to go out and run 2adays with a few scheduled water breaks.  It's really stupid and dangerous but that's how they tried to prepare you for playing in the heat.

WoW what a nonsense NFL football game  !! Doesn't surprise me at all that it happened against the Dolphins and we lost. Games vs Miami ALWAYS get sidewAys and go down as a loss .. what is it about dam dolphins uggggh 

One positive is that this loss could help to keep us under the radar .. problem is when we beat Pats  this week, we'll be squarely back on everyone's radar ha ! Mitch missed some big throws but loved his day overall .. 9TD in 2 games !! Howard and lil TC were TERRIFIC, both had heartbreaking fumbles .. Gabriel was GREAT  !! 

Sky certainly NOT falling 

Just now, SLCbear said:

WoW what a nonsense NFL game  !! Ha .. doesn't surprise me at all that it happened against the Phins and we lost, games vs Miami ALWAYS get sidewAys and go down as a loss .. what is it about dam dolphins uggggh 

One positive is that this loss could help to keep us under the radar .. prob is when we beat Pats  this week, handily, we'll be squarely back on everyone's radar ha ! Mitch missed some big throws but loved his day overall .. 9TD in 2 games !!

The same thing happened to the 85 Bears when playing the Dolphins.  Just a wacky game and nothing seemed to go in the Bears favor then.  Let's hope that this one was a one off for the defense just like that one was back then for the 85 team.

An no this is not me comparing this current defense to the great 85 Bears defense, just saying any good defense can have an off day.

16 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

The same thing happened to the 85 Bears when playing the Dolphins.  Just a wacky game and nothing seemed to go in the Bears favor then.  Let's hope that this one was a one off for the defense just like that one was back then for the 85 team.

An no this is not me comparing this current defense to the great 85 Bears defense, just saying any good defense can have an off day.

It happened a couple of times  with Jason Taylor's dam dolphins too .. whatever the point spread Is for any Bears Dolphins game moving forward ALWAYS bet in Miami's  direction and you will win ! It's unbelievable  !!

22 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

We need a bigtime STuD Corner and prob upgrade  Safety position, to pass 85 Bears D .. to do league-wide here in tdays NFL what our D did back then ! 

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I don't know if he's stubborn, he just loves playing coverages on the back end. If you're not getting home with your front 4, he's basically ****ed. He'll blitz from time to time but it's nothing exotic. He'll send a nickel, maybe an inside linebacker, that's about it.

I won't bag on him yet because, let's be honest, it's the 4th ranked defense in points allowed thus far. Tough to complain about that.

The defense has been stellar for the most part, but I believe we should be in contention for first, and I feel his results were more driven by talent rather than by his expertise. He improves the skill of his players it seems, but the reason he will never be looked at as a true defensive mastermind like Buddy Ryan, Hoodie, Noll, Landry, Halas, George Allen, Wade or Bum Phillips, etc.

It isn't fair to match him with them I guess, but he has been talked about as one of the greatest DCs of all time, and I just think that is overblowing what he is. He is a guy that takes your defense up a notch if you have talent. An average D becomes pretty good, good becomes really good, great can be dominant. But to me he is essentially guaranteed to stick to his guns even when they aren't working so you can bank on even his best defense to completely **** the bed twice a year.

49 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

That was again a scheme issue. The 46 is still used sparingly in the NFL, but it's weakness is against the spread offense. Marino and the Phins were just able to take away the strength of the defense, and a few things played to the Phins favor. Marino barely completed 50% of his passes to boot, just all three receivers (yes, only 3 guys logged a reception  lol) all were able to get long catches.

Then let's not ignore that McMahon was out most of the game. He was fragile and the Bears never fared well when he was out, which was rather frequently.

1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

WoW what a nonsense NFL football game  !! Doesn't surprise me at all that it happened against the Dolphins and we lost. Games vs Miami ALWAYS get sidewAys and go down as a loss .. what is it about dam dolphins uggggh 

One positive is that this loss could help to keep us under the radar .. problem is when we beat Pats  this week, we'll be squarely back on everyone's radar ha ! Mitch missed some big throws but loved his day overall .. 9TD in 2 games !! Howard and lil TC were TERRIFIC, both had heartbreaking fumbles .. Gabriel was GREAT  !! 

I thought Mitch missed one big throw, not "big throws."

Howard wasn't terrific. He had 4.9 ypc but if you lose a fumble inside the 1, you weren't terrific. I thought he was decent.

The last time the Bears played in Miami, they won. I know everyone thinks about 1985, but the Bears were victorious on their last trip to SoFlo.

26 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I thought Mitch missed one big throw, not "big throws."

Howard wasn't terrific. He had 4.9 ypc but if you lose a fumble inside the 1, you weren't terrific. I thought he was decent.

The last time the Bears played in Miami, they won. I know everyone thinks about 1985, but the Bears were victorious on their last trip to SoFlo.

We are 4-9 v Miami since 1971 .. lost in '02 '06 '14 and now '18  which is 1-4 in last 5 meetings .. all of which happened after 2000

So MTs int in the end zone wasn't a miss ??  .. and the lil guy wasn't TERRIFIC cause he fumbled  ??

Dear Bears,

I don’t ask for much, I really don’t. I’ve been through a lot as a Raider and A’s fan for the past 20+ years. All I ask is that, please, can you just suck a little more? The Raiders would really appreciate and so would the fans. I’m not asking for a disaster, or a Top 5 pick, just turn up the suckage a little bit more.

Thank you,

Raider Nation

34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Dear Bears,

I don’t ask for much, I really don’t. I’ve been through a lot as a Raider and A’s fan for the past 20+ years. All I ask is that, please, can you just suck a little more? The Raiders would really appreciate and so would the fans. I’m not asking for a disaster, or a Top 5 pick, just turn up the suckage a little bit more.

Thank you,

Raider Nation

DF outta here man lol I'm hoping you get pick #32!

45 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Dear Bears,

Thank you,

Raider Nation

Lol sorry to disappoint.  

Archived