#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Someone needs to call the cops. We just collectively witnessed a murder:

Since he arrived in December 2009, Washington is 58-84-1, a 40.6 winning percentage. Even beleaguered Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld has a better winning percentage here at 44.1 (546-692).

Allen traded for Donovan McNabb and Smith, poisoned the Kirk Cousins situation, couldn’t work with GM Scot McCloughan and recently claimed controversial linebacker Reuben Foster. And we’re not even talking about the Robert Griffin III saga.

and then watched as they desecrated the corpse:

Meanwhile, attendance has plummeted. Are the Redskins still the biggest thing in Washington sports? Barely, but probably not for much longer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

IF,, The Danny fires Allen--it won't be until the team is offically eliminated from the Playoffs.. Snyder would not want to cause the distraction . 

Like claiming a player accused of 3 domestic violence incidents off of waivers?  

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Like claiming a player accused of 3 domestic violence incidents off of waivers?  

That's avery good point but I think this would be even bigger . It invovles all the players and coaches futures. IMHO

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

IF,, The Danny fires Allen--it won't be until the team is offically eliminated from the Playoffs.. Snyder would not want to cause the distraction . 

Mark Sanchez isn’t enough? What about the 20+ players that are on IR? 

At this point EVERYONE should be hoping we don’t make the playoffs. I couldn’t imagine watching a Mark Sanchez led team, behind a makeshift offensive line, trying to play some of the elite teams in the post-season. 

This season is over. They NEED to lose every game and improve their draft position. They should bring up every young guy and give them experience for development purposes. 

42 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

At this point EVERYONE should be hoping we don’t make the playoffs. I couldn’t imagine watching a Mark Sanchez led team, behind a makeshift offensive line, trying to play some of the elite teams in the post-season. 

This season is over. They NEED to lose every game and improve their draft position. They should bring up every young guy and give them experience for development purposes. 

I guess you missed the "officially".. I agree with you , it's over . 

48 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I hate this line of thought for the teams that have some talent. If we were a situation like the Giants were a few weeks ago and could legitimately get the #1 pick then ok lose out. I would much rather work on building a culture that fights for every win than one that quits at the first sign of struggle. Down 17 points might as well pack it in and pull the starters to get ready for next week. I don't think the difference between picking 9th or 14th is worth that. I don't trust Dallas to not choke and Philly's schedule is too tough. Hopefully they can win the East and Mccoy is back in a month.

Edited by rizzy

I don’t think Bruce will be fired, I hope he does, but I won’t believe it until I see it! I felt the same way whrh Cerrato, I’m still actually shocked that Dan finally fired Vinny bc I never thought he would.

I don’t think Bruce gets fired until we have multiple losing seasons in a row. I know people don’t like to hear that, but I think that’s the more realistic outcome than Bruce getting fired after this season.

Edited by turtle28

45 minutes ago, rizzy said:

I hate this line of thought for the teams that have some talent. If we were a situation like the Giants were a few weeks ago and could legitimately get the #1 pick then ok lose out. I would much rather work on building a culture that fights for every win than one that quits at the first sign of struggle. Down 17 points might as well pack it in and pull the starters to get ready for next week. I don't think the difference between picking 9th or 14th is worth that. I don't trust Dallas to not choke and Philly's schedule is too tough. Hopefully they can win the East and Mccoy is back in a month.

Is this really the “first sign of struggle” in your opinion?

This team has been on life support since Alex Smith went down. It is honestly time to pull the plug and plan for the future.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rizzy said:

If we were a situation like the Giants were a few weeks ago and could legitimately get the #1 pick then ok lose out. I would much rather work on building a culture that fights for every win than one that quits at the first sign of struggle.

If this were Gruden's first year as head coach, then absolutely.

He's been here six years. If he hasn't created that culture by now, it ain't happening. Ever.

But even if he has created that culture, you can want something deeply, fight for it with every fiber of your body ... and still come up short because you just don't have the talent to pull it off. That's where the Redskins are from a roster perspective right now. Yes, they may get a win or two in the last four, but they won't matter. Is a one-and-done, 6th seed playoff exit really going to be the thing that turns this franchise around? No, it's not.

This place is called "Football's Future." Sometimes, you have to accept that the present isn't pretty and you need to look down the road. This is one of those times.

I don't think the difference between picking 9th or 14th is worth that.

1. Josh Rosen was picked 10th last season. Having a shot at the QBOTF isn't nothing.
  2. Being higher up the draft means if you want to move up to say 6th, it isn't as costly (so if you need to move up for the QBOTF, you don't mortgage your future to do it).
  3. It's not just the first round position that this affects. Every round is higher up.

I don't trust Dallas to not choke and Philly's schedule is too tough. Hopefully they can win the East and Mccoy is back in a month.

Honest question time: what do you see from the offense and defense that makes you think that they could take advantage of the possible slip ups by Philly and Dallas? Do you think that Mark Sanchez behind an offensive line that is made up of random guys they've found lying around is really going to lead this team on a four game win streak? I am pessimistic, but maybe I'm missing something. If so, what is it?

• Like 1