2018-2019 NCAAB Thread

11sanchez11

39 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Over who? You're not getting it over Michigan and/or Michigan State (especially if Sparty wins the B1G tournament), UNC or Tennessee.

If Michigan loses tomorrow  The committee is going to use UH's NET ranking to decide that.

Edited by Texansfan713

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

If Michigan loses tomorrow  The committee is going to use UH's NET ranking to decide that.

Your only hope is that Michigan loses. Even then, it's a toss up. Depends on whether or not they value a win over LSU or UNC more. 

Also, net rankings are a joke. If they were to take them seriously, Wofford and Buffalo would be 4 seeds. Lunardi has Buffalo as a 6 and Wofford a 7.

Lunardi currently projecting ACC gets 3 #1s, no UT. Don’t see logic in leaving out UT, but it’s not unprecedented. In 09 the Big East had Pitt, UConn and UL as #1s, then Nova, Cuse as #3s, and Marquette, WVU as #6.

I think B1G winner should get nod over Zaga, but put Zaga in the West. However, guessing Zaga gets in (since bracketologusts seem confident) and UT gets in over UNC. 

This is definitely the closest those of us born in the 90s or later have come to watching a Shaq-like force in college. Even just watching him off ball against this big FSU frontcourt, he moves at will towards the basket, too strong and quick. The few players in CBB strong enough to bang with him down low do not have the foot speed to guard him on the perimeter... Not that we didn't already know all this, but seeing him do it against a pretty big team hammers point home again. think zone really is your best against this Duke team, it's how the far less talented Syracuse managed to beat them and hang with him for 35 minutes, granted they represent peak zone defense.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

11 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This is definitely the closest those of us born in the 90s or later have come to watching a Shaq-like force in college. Even just watching him off ball against this big FSU frontcourt, he moves at will towards the basket, too strong and quick. The few players in CBB strong enough to bang with him down low do not have the foot speed to guard him on the perimeter... Not that we didn't already know all this, but seeing him do it against a pretty big team hammers point home again. think zone really is your best against this Duke team, it's how the far less talented Syracuse managed to beat them and hang with him for 35 minutes, granted they represent peak zone defense.

I've seen someone say he's Shaq with Kobe's height and it may be the best comparison for him.

He's legit one of the best college players I've ever seen.

I'm honestly highly intrigued to see how he translates in the pros. People want to use Giannis as an example of a big "wing" scoring without a jumper but he's legit one of a kind and it's not only his strength but his length that allows him to do it. Zion doesn't have that same length. Definitely a different type of special athlete though. I'll change my tune once I see him on an NBA court consistently doing things he does now. He'll no doubt have an impact day one on the defensive end and, his upside there is DPOY. I'm just a bit hesitant on how he translates offensively in the NBA. He's got a long future ahead of him, no question. Regardless of what others may think, I don't hate him at all. I just temper my expectations with prospects and look to dispel the notion that he's a franchise changer. Off court, he'll have an economic impact due to hype from ESPN and his HS Youtube stuff. I just want to see what type of position he's slotted in as a pro. Is he a wing or a big? How do you scheme the offense around him. It's fun to think about and will be interesting to follow. 

• Like 1