Stock Investing

rickyt31

1 minute ago, Shockwave said:

Another nasty selloff today. Anyone buy anything? I bought some IBM, DKNG, T, VZ, JETS, VMW. Didn't put alot of capital to work but figured we'd get a decent bounce next week. 

I've been looking at DKNG after the slide it's been on, also I would buy more PERI if I wasn't already so heavily in. It's been rising pretty consistently and is still ridiculously undervalued. Still waiting with ASTS, figure hype has to pick up before the launch of their final prototype.

21 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Another nasty selloff today. Anyone buy anything? I bought some IBM, DKNG, T, VZ, JETS, VMW. Didn't put alot of capital to work but figured we'd get a decent bounce next week. 

I’m down a lot this year. This is the first year I’ve gotten into stocks. Rough learning experience.

In big on CCL. Hoping to get it all back. Stupid drop today. Cruises are sailing making money left and right. This will be back up to $30+ in no time.

15 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I'm not sure that I buy into the thought that this is related to the new Covid variant. The last time the media said that, it rebounded nicely the next day iirc. I'm leaning towards the market dropping more though, so I didn't buy anything today.

All of the international indices were down except for two, which were barely up.

4 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I’m down a lot this year. This is the first year I’ve gotten into stocks. Rough learning experience.

In big on CCL. Hoping to get it all back. Stupid drop today. Cruises are sailing making money left and right. This will be back up to $30+ in no time.

For your sake, I hope you're right. But I don't see cruise stocks recovering for another year or two at least. It isn't a loss until you sell. If I were you I would just let it ride.

Edited by kingseanjohn

26 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

For your sake, I hope you're right. But I don't see cruise stocks recovering for another year or two at least. It isn't a loss until you sell. If I were you I would just let it ride.

I just don’t see why they would go down when  when they (CCL) was at $30 back in June and in the mid 20’s up until last week. As soon as we heard about the variant it tanked this morning. 

15 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I bought CHGG a couple weeks ago when it tanked. Then it kept tanking ... and tanking lol 🤕

On 11/26/2021 at 7:18 PM, kingseanjohn said:

I'm not sure that I buy into the thought that this is related to the new Covid variant. The last time the media said that, it rebounded nicely the next day iirc. I'm leaning towards the market dropping more though, so I didn't buy anything today.

All of the international indices were down except for two, which were barely up.

Celebrate Face Off GIF by SYFY

Almost bought this morning but thought I’d wait another day or two at least. Looking like a good plan so far. 

5 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Celebrate Face Off GIF by SYFY

Almost bought this morning but thought I’d wait another day or two at least. Looking like a good plan so far. 

Papa Powell really spooked the Nasdaq. I'm slowly nibbling on some tech and dividend payers. I think we might still get a Santa Claus rally but I'm not confident enough to go in hard.

I've been laying way low for months now. It's beginning to feel like it'll be time to get back into it.

I haven't been looking at ANYTHING.

Somebody give me a dozen of the best long-term investments that they feel strongly about. Heck, everybody do that. I'll save it for future reference, and 10 years from now, the person who got me the best gains I will send a 100 dollar gift card to Red Lobster.

On 12/4/2021 at 10:40 AM, Outpost31 said:

I've been laying way low for months now. It's beginning to feel like it'll be time to get back into it.

I haven't been looking at ANYTHING.

Somebody give me a dozen of the best long-term investments that they feel strongly about. Heck, everybody do that. I'll save it for future reference, and 10 years from now, the person who got me the best gains I will send a 100 dollar gift card to Red Lobster.

i like

DMYQ, soon to be PL on Wednesday

BLDE at this 8 dollar level, Cathie Woods and Cramer like it

ULCC-  Airline, one of my favorites to travel on, reopening play

APTX (it's a bio so boom or bust).  Lots of results on trials set for 2022

WYNN-  it's already going

SAN   Just a really nice Euro bank

SPGS  Simon property is one of the smartest retail groups I've ever dealt with.  Whatever they do with this SPAC, i think is gonna be gangbuster

BP (dividend)-  Oil play and they have done a lot of other alternative energy investements

AWX  Local to me.  Own a couple golf courses and resorts out here.  Beaten down stock.  Not a huge gain, but i'd say you can can get a 50% increase on investment

AXTI-  Cheap semi conductor

WWE-  Been lots of rumors of Vince finally selling the company with recent employee news.  Could be a big payday in next couple years

Super speculative OTC

BBBT- just a roll of the dice OTC play, super small company that if its hit, its mega money

NHHF-  Riskiest one, outside the box EV play, not a suggest, more a watch.  I managed to double up, sell the original investment and roll the profits

• Like 1

This has been another awesome year for the market. Thankfully I jumped on PLUG power a few years back because that has singlehandedly kept my individual stock picks return acceptable. Everything else is gravy. Think I'm going to put out an eBook on finance soon. 

• Like 2

On 12/6/2021 at 12:11 PM, bcb1213 said:

i like

DMYQ (9.50), soon to be PL on Wednesday   

BLDE (7.90)  at this 8 dollar level, Cathie Woods and Cramer like it

ULCC (13.75)-  Airline, one of my favorites to travel on, reopening play

APTX (2.08) (it's a bio so boom or bust).  Lots of results on trials set for 2022

WYNN (85.00)-  it's already going

SAN (3.17)  Just a really nice Euro bank

SPGS  (9.77)  Simon property is one of the smartest retail groups I've ever dealt with.  Whatever they do with this SPAC, i think is gonna be gangbuster

BP (dividend)- (27.50) Oil play and they have done a lot of other alternative energy investements

AWX  (3.62)  Local to me.  Own a couple golf courses and resorts out here.  Beaten down stock.  Not a huge gain, but i'd say you can can get a 50% increase on investment

AXTI- (7.79)  Cheap semi conductor

WWE- (49.25)   Been lots of rumors of Vince finally selling the company with recent employee news.  Could be a big payday in next couple years

Super speculative OTC

BBBT- (0.0154)  just a roll of the dice OTC play, super small company that if its hit, its mega money

NHHF- (0.15) Riskiest one, outside the box EV play, not a suggest, more a watch.  I managed to double up, sell the original investment and roll the profits

editing in the prices from when i suggested this monday morning so I can go back and look in a few months...lol