Stock Investing

rickyt31

FOMO is straight up mental illness for me, when I’m in it and don’t pull the trigger on something I want and notice it would’ve netted me x amount I go crazy so I’m glad I’m not a participant at all anymore and don’t really plan to be. Haven’t touched any stocks since March but I pulled out half my original investment and my stock value is still as much as my original investment was. Kinda fun checking on it every month or so and see how it’s still growing but I’m happy I’m not in the game anymore. I never once lost any of the money I put in, but I definitely didn’t play it as cutthroat as I could’ve. 

On 11/4/2021 at 12:10 AM, resilient part 2 said:

Never thought to look in here.. I am no stock expert, But have invested heavily in Tesla stock for years for no other reason than my belief that electric Cars will take over fossil fuel cars one day. 

So using that philosophy on EVs, Rivian is due to go IPO Nov 9. Rivian which is backed by Amazon's deep pockets (they claim) seems like a good bet. While I do not know the overall history of most Big companies that first went with an IPO, my memory of some is it is frequently very good in that IPOs at least initially go up. Perhaps because of some early hype/momentum. 

Any opinions or Info on Rivian stocks potential I'd be happy to hear it.

The EV market scares me because it's getting so flooded and so many have been pumped up and tanked (WKHS, NKLA, NIO, RIDE). But being backed by Amazon and Ford makes this quite interesting. I took a nasty hit with NKLA back when it was being hyped and it was backed by GM. Then the deal fell through because Trevor Milton is a pos and was basically lying the entire time. That said everything I've seen with Rivian in regards to the numbers and outlook looks on the up and up...except... the actual trucks. They look absolutely hideous to me 🥴

• Like 2

On 11/8/2021 at 9:02 AM, Ty21 said:

FOMO is straight up mental illness for me, when I’m in it and don’t pull the trigger on something I want and notice it would’ve netted me x amount I go crazy so I’m glad I’m not a participant at all anymore and don’t really plan to be. Haven’t touched any stocks since March but I pulled out half my original investment and my stock value is still as much as my original investment was. Kinda fun checking on it every month or so and see how it’s still growing but I’m happy I’m not in the game anymore. I never once lost any of the money I put in, but I definitely didn’t play it as cutthroat as I could’ve. 

FOMO ***** slapped me this year. Hit me with GME, AMC, and some Crypto. Completely passed on DWAC because I had had enough. Thankfully, my portfolio is up like 25% overall so I'm more annoyed than mad.

21 hours ago, Shockwave said:

The EV market scares me because it's getting so flooded and so many have been pumped up and tanked (WKHS, NKLA, NIO, RIDE). But being backed by Amazon and Ford makes this quite interesting. I took a nasty hit with NKLA back when it was being hyped and it was backed by GM. Then the deal fell through because Trevor Milton is a pos and was basically lying the entire time. That said everything I've seen with Rivian in regards to the numbers and outlook looks on the up and up...except... the actual trucks. They look absolutely hideous to me 🥴

appreciate this feedback... and agree on current trucks.. 

• Like 1

LUCID is blasting off today, I’ve made $500 today alone and $1700 overall off it since investing $500 in it in like February. I’m not active in trading anymore but have been checking cause I’m looking to potentially cash out and bail before everything crashes. 

On 11/9/2021 at 2:05 PM, Shockwave said:

I am kicking myself for not following through on my instinct. I don't know how long Rivian will be profitable or not, but the buzz or hype about this EV company seemed different than the others. since the IPO they have jumped and estimated 70% in a matter of a few days.

meanwhile another similar stock I feel asleep on is Lucid. 121% in a month.. 

I was too content in my Tesla profits that I failed to properly research others.. My eyes are now wide open.

On 11/8/2021 at 9:02 AM, Ty21 said:

This is why a lot of financial advisors say set up auto investments on reliable ETFs like VOO, VYM, QQQM, etc. and DO NOT CHECK YOUR BROKERAGE CONSTANTLY.

8 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I am kicking myself for not following through on my instinct. I don't know how long Rivian will be profitable or not, but the buzz or hype about this EV company seemed different than the others. since the IPO they have jumped and estimated 70% in a matter of a few days.

I was too content in my Tesla profits that I failed to properly research others.. My eyes are now wide open.

I've daytraded RIVN a few times over the last week. The volatility in it has been great. It's inevitable that it will come crashing back down to Earth here eventually and will give you an opportunity to enter. The current market cap is higher then Ford...

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 10:07 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Ford, Rivian dump plans to jointly develop a Ford electric vehicle (yahoo.com)

Does Ford backing out of the deal to coproduce a vehicle change your perspective of the company? Reminds me alot of NKLA and GM. 

17 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Ford, Rivian dump plans to jointly develop a Ford electric vehicle (yahoo.com)

Does Ford backing out of the deal to coproduce a vehicle change your perspective of the company? Reminds me alot of NKLA and GM. 

Yeah I noticed.. I was only confident in the initial hype. My staying with Tesla is still where I feel better long term.

• Like 1