Stock Investing

rickyt31

5 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Been buying pretty consistently, just standard total market ETFs. In a weird war, war will likely help with the tech correction we've been due by increasing demand for manufacturers.

Very likely we will be selling a lot of war technology to our Allies over the next several months.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

ALOT OF MONEY TO BE MADE ON OPTIONS. GOOD LUCK

I day trade options everyday. Very rarely do I hold them long term though. Glad to see someone else that dabbles with them. Are you buying them or selling them? Do you trade single contracts. spreads, condors?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Biden just announced all US-based Russian assets are frozen and Boris Johnson has been advocating for kicking Russia out of SWIFT. 

Very real chance that Chelsea FC is entirely frozen, and not off the table that it's seized if this continues to escalate.

Sounds to me like doing this would absolutely crush Russia but would also cause a huge system shock to Germany and any other countries that get their energy from them. Essentially it would freeze all abilities to make any payment into or out of Russia. But if it would stop them in their tracks and save Kiev... I think the short term pain is worth it. The markets  on the other hand...would absolutely tank on the news

10 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Sounds to me like doing this would absolutely crush Russia but would also cause a huge system shock to Germany and any other countries that get their energy from them. Essentially it would freeze all abilities to make any payment into or out of Russia. But if it would stop them in their tracks and save Kiev... I think the short term pain is worth it. The markets  on the other hand...would absolutely tank on the news

The interesting question that always comes when you're anticipating the markets tanking/booming is how much of this has already been priced in. The west has been pretty clear (and for the most part, accurate) on what Russia's immediate plans are, so the markets have had a few weeks leeway to get into favorable positions accordingly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The interesting question that always comes when you're anticipating the markets tanking/booming is how much of this has already been priced in. The west has been pretty clear (and for the most part, accurate) on what Russia's immediate plans are, so the markets have had a few weeks leeway to get into favorable positions accordingly.

Trying to quantify or predict how the collective mind of the market will react is never easy. But I think that stunning reversal yesterday after the noon press conference was in response to the sanctions coming in lighter then what the market was anticipating. Granted the sanctions that have been implemented are harsh, the market seemed happy that the SWIFT option was not (yet). I'm pretty heavily invested at this point so I hope you are right that it's priced in 🙂

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

I day trade options everyday. Very rarely do I hold them long term though. Glad to see someone else that dabbles with them. Are you buying them or selling them? Do you trade single contracts. spreads, condors?

I only buy options.

Look at MELI.

it hit 860 yesterday..  Any option Call brought  in the range of 910-940 was around  worth around 600-900 bucks. yesterday. Its now 15-11k right now

On 2/25/2022 at 7:27 AM, MikeT14 said:

What ETFs have you all been following?

VTI: Capture the entire US stock market. Staple for a Roth IRA.

SPLG: SP500 ETF with dirt cheap expense ratio and has actually beaten, albeit slightly, both SPY and VOO in the past five years.

QQQM: A new version of QQQ with a lower expense ratio.

SARK: Inverse of ARKK. Good for short-term holds.

SCHP: Anti-inflation bonds with cheap expense ratio. Good place to put some of your emergency fund these days.

IAU: Gold. Another good place to put some of your emergency fund. Expense ratio is a little high, but not horrible.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 2

On 2/25/2022 at 7:37 AM, Shockwave said:

Trying to quantify or predict how the collective mind of the market will react is never easy. But I think that stunning reversal yesterday after the noon press conference was in response to the sanctions coming in lighter then what the market was anticipating. Granted the sanctions that have been implemented are harsh, the market seemed happy that the SWIFT option was not (yet). I'm pretty heavily invested at this point so I hope you are right that it's priced in 🙂

I expect we lose the 2% we gained when the SWIFT hammer gets dropped. Whenever that will be; you have to imagine it's inevitable.

• Like 2