Stock Investing

rickyt31

9 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

anyone watch Kramer? is he worth tuning into he's been on tv forever.

Like anyone else, he doesn't know everything. He does give good general investing advice(ie market in general) which is more valuable but do your own research on every individual stock..  He's just a tool, not a magic 8 ball  That inverse thing is fairly laughable as they pick and choose the ones he misses on and ignores a lot he's right on

• Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 8:40 AM, bcb1213 said:

Like anyone else, he doesn't know everything. He does give good general investing advice(ie market in general) which is more valuable but do your own research on every individual stock..  He's just a tool, not a magic 8 ball  That inverse thing is fairly laughable as they pick and choose the ones he misses on and ignores a lot he's right on

This is true. Cramer is mostly focused on short-term stuff. Anyone that's on the air every day is gonna say some stuff that is wrong (sometimes very wrong).

Individual stock investing is like the NFL draft. If you hit on 60% of your stocks, you're doing great.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question for you guys.  What is the best way to learn how to invest in stock options?  I have taken a couple of courses on Day Trading stocks, but neither one paid much attention on options, other than just the very basics.  Is there a good course worth investing in out there? 

P.S. I know there is a lot of information available on the internet, but rather than just searching YouTube for videos on options, I'd rather have a more clear path to follow, in terms of "first learn this, and then move on to this, etc." 

I am a big believer in education, and I'm willing to pay for it if that's what I need to do, because a lack of education can end up being very expensive in the long run if you try to cut corners and jump into things without the proper knowledge.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2024 at 2:37 AM, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

I have a question for you guys.  What is the best way to learn how to invest in stock options?  I have taken a couple of courses on Day Trading stocks, but neither one paid much attention on options, other than just the very basics.  Is there a good course worth investing in out there? 

P.S. I know there is a lot of information available on the internet, but rather than just searching YouTube for videos on options, I'd rather have a more clear path to follow, in terms of "first learn this, and then move on to this, etc." 

I am a big believer in education, and I'm willing to pay for it if that's what I need to do, because a lack of education can end up being very expensive in the long run if you try to cut corners and jump into things without the proper knowledge.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

you ever find an answer I'm interested too

7 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

you ever find an answer I'm interested too

I'll let you know.  So far, I've been watching some of the TastyTrade videos on YouTube.  They seem to be pretty deep into options. 

Another source I found, but haven't looked into very much yet, is OIC/OCC Learning.  here is a link to them: https://www.optionseducation.org/theoptionseducationcenter/occ-learning

If I find any good ones, I'll update in this thread. 

Good luck, brother! 

23 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

I'll let you know.  So far, I've been watching some of the TastyTrade videos on YouTube.  They seem to be pretty deep into options. 

Another source I found, but haven't looked into very much yet, is OIC/OCC Learning.  here is a link to them: https://www.optionseducation.org/theoptionseducationcenter/occ-learning

If I find any good ones, I'll update in this thread. 

Good luck, brother! 

thankyou!

I have felt significantly better after switching all my stock and ETF investments to robo accounts.

The crypto world I can navigate, but stocks I overthought and never did much better than doubling my money.

Over the past year I’ve been dumping all my self-guided stock and ETF accounts. I took advantage of every single sign on bonus and I got to a point where I had 1,000 - 10,000 invested in close to a dozen separate accounts.

Now I’m down to a Roth IRA in SoFi, an interest bearing savings account at 4.35%, an automated investing account with Ally, my Traditional IRA through work and my crypto accounts.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Question I wanted to ask others. Intel.....after seeing what Nvidia did......thoughts?

They released they are making AI chips to challenge Nvidia. The manufacturing plant in OH is scheduled to be done in 2 years. Im not the greatest with stocks or know much of anything about forecasting--but Intel seems like the prime candidate to buy a ton now while its at $32 and watch it go to the moon once they release their new chips and open manufacturing in the US.

Am I missing something? Is that stupid? Is there a world where Intel stocks go to hundreds a share like Nvidia did  once they finalized all of the projects and they start production?

Edited by AkronsWitness

On 4/9/2024 at 3:07 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Question I wanted to ask others. Intel.....after seeing what Nvidia did......thoughts?

They released they are making AI chips to challenge Nvidia. The manufacturing plant in OH is scheduled to be done in 2 years. Im not the greatest with stocks or know much of anything about forecasting--but Intel seems like the prime candidate to buy a ton now while its at $32 and watch it go to the moon once they release their new chips and open manufacturing in the US.

Am I missing something? Is that stupid? Is there a world where Intel stocks go to hundreds a share like Nvidia did  once they finalized all of the projects and they start production?

Let me start by stating clearly: Don't take investment advice from us dudes who post on a football forum.

That said, you asked for opinions, and I'll give you mine.

Picking individual stocks is like NFL GM's and their draft picks. Even the great ones only hit about 50-60% of the time. So first and foremost, be prepared (emotionally and financially) to potentially lose a good chunk of the money that you invest in any individual stock. This cannot be stressed enough. Believe me, I've made lots of money on individual stocks, and I've lost lots of money on individual stocks. You didn't ask about portfolio management, but that should come in to play, and we'll save that for a future conversation. 😁

As far as Intel is concerned, I'm personally not seeing it. They used to a be a great leader and innovator, but they got passed up by AMD and then left in the dust by Nvidia. Can they catch up again? Maybe, but they're pretty far behind. I read a lot of investing opinions, and the opinions vary wildly. Some think Intel is the next big comeback story, and some think they'll never catch back up. I'm currently in the 2nd category.

Full disclosure: I've bought and sold Intel at least 5 times over the last 25 years.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 2:07 PM, AkronsWitness said:

The manufacturing plant in OH is scheduled to be done in 2 years.

Yeah..... that isn't gonna happen. I'm working on that project and our equipment isn't due to the Cardinal site until mid-2025. They'll probably startup in 2028. 

• Like 1