Stock Investing

rickyt31

31 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

tbh Im not too sure what you mean I apologize Im using the Ameritade app and I go under the account section and scroll to the bottom under "Fund your account" part

I sold on yesterday (I think) or Saturday

Well you aren't able to sell on weekends so it probably didn't trigger til this morning which explains most of what's up. As stated it won't be retrievable as cash four 2-3 business days but you can still trade with it if you prefer 

• Like 2

On 9/20/2021 at 8:58 AM, candyman93 said:

So is China about to have a worse fiscal collapse than we did in 08’?

Not sure if it will be that bad but it certainly has the market spooked. I have a ton of cash to put to use in my accounts but I'm worried the selloff yesterday is just the start of a long overdue correction. Fed talking about tightening, China economic slowdown, Covid, inflation... so many reasons not to buy.

12 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Not sure if it will be that bad but it certainly has the market spooked. I have a ton of cash to put to use in my accounts but I'm worried the selloff yesterday is just the start of a long overdue correction. Fed talking about tightening, China economic slowdown, Covid, inflation... so many reasons not to buy.

Historically this and the next three weeks are the worst times for the market.  Unless you see something you think has bottomed out, I'd stay out til second week of October or so 

17 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Historically this and the next three weeks are the worst times for the market.  Unless you see something you think has bottomed out, I'd stay out til second week of October or so 

Playing for that Santa Claus rally! I might start nibbling into some positions. Tech has come down to more reasonable prices (although still overvalued based on EPS and forward earnings).

Running my monthly Ford play this week. Loved that Monday dip. Loaded up a couple times in the upper 12.70s. Sitting at 13.24 right now.

Then like @bcb1213 mentioned. I drastically slowing pace to gear up for the end of the year run.

The only thing Ill really be eyeballing to any degree will be Ubisoft. A decent dip leading into this Far Cry 6 release could sway me. Wouldnt surprise me if the stock doesnt pop several dollars with the release on Oct 7th.

On 9/20/2021 at 7:58 AM, candyman93 said:

So is China about to have a worse fiscal collapse than we did in 08’?

Here's today's update:

China is asking local governments to prepare for possible "economic and social fallout" should Evergrande Group Ever  —the world's most heavily indebted property developer—become bankrupt in the coming weeks, according to the The Wall Street Journal.

Last week, Evergrande informed investors that it wouldn't be able to meet its financial obligations. Should the group default and file for bankruptcy, "local-level government agencies and state-owned enterprises have been instructed to step in to handle the aftermath," the newspaper said.

Source

I don't have a link nor the exact numbers handy, but many investors are pulling out. One taking a ~1.2 billion loss to sell their shares. I think their share price going up today is a late stage pump and dump.

For us, I'm more worried about the Senate refusing the raise the debt ceiling. In an interview, JPow said this yesterday, "No one should assume the Fed can fully protect the markets or the economy in the event of a default" (Source - his response to question only). McConnell has said repeatedly he won't raise the debt ceiling. I'm not going to get into politics but I have no reason to doubt him. Janet Yellen has sent multiple letters (most recent letter) warning about the deb limit and nothing is being done about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

McConnell has said repeatedly he won't raise the debt ceiling. I'm not going to get into politics but I have no reason to doubt him. Janet Yellen has sent multiple letters (most recent letter) warning about the deb limit and nothing is being done about it.

This happens every 9 months. The US isn't going to default on it's debt. And if we do, congrats, your investment accounts of US securities and cash and bonds are all equally worthless so it shouldn't impact your strategy at all.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This happens every 9 months. The US isn't going to default on it's debt. And if we do, congrats, your investment accounts of US securities and cash and bonds are all equally worthless so it shouldn't impact your strategy at all.

Yeah it’s just that time of year for posturing and such.  They’ll get it done, as always.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I know raising the ceiling is a common occurrence. One party in the Senate just seems more adamant than usual about not doing so this time. 

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

I know raising the ceiling is a common occurrence. One party in the Senate just seems more adamant than usual about not doing so this time. 

They were exactly this adamant 2 administrations ago, and the debt ceiling got raised every time despite a split Congress.

If it bothers you and makes you nervous, I'd stop checking. If I'm wrong, feel free to rub my nose in it in a few weeks, but seriously, it's not a thing to worry about.