Stock Investing

rickyt31

20 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Don’t give up. Look for good new companies and old stalwarts. I’m still doing well and I’m 75% tech.

I hope these Trade Desk and Nvidia splits take me to another level in the next few years.

I’m kind of maxed out on my investment money. It’s all tied in these stocks and I kee buying the dips to bring my price per share down 

On 7/14/2021 at 10:25 AM, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I tend right economically, but blaming him for tech and energy stocks not doing anything is like blaming a rock for not being a tree.

This should be said about attributing any stock market behavior to any president ever. I just always shake my head at people who comment on a connection between a president and stonks.

• Like 1

I have just discovered M1 Finance and I'm a big fan of that layout.

Basically, you can build pies.  With certain stocks or ETFs.  Then you can pick a percentage of each individual investment in that pie.

So if I picked Home Depot, Walmart, Amazon and Target in one pie with 25% to each of them, depositing 100 dollars into that pie gets me 25 dollars of each of those stocks.

I think this is now my new favorite way to invest. 

I'm going to be neglecting my other investment sites for a while.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I have just discovered M1 Finance and I'm a big fan of that layout.

Basically, you can build pies.  With certain stocks or ETFs.  Then you can pick a percentage of each individual investment in that pie.

So if I picked Home Depot, Walmart, Amazon and Target in one pie with 25% to each of them, depositing 100 dollars into that pie gets me 25 dollars of each of those stocks.

I think this is now my new favorite way to invest. 

I'm going to be neglecting my other investment sites for a while.

Sounds cool. Only issues I have is putting money to work in this market right now at all time highs. I think it's way overdue for a 10-20% correction. Once that happens I personally will be deploying all my $. 

21 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Sounds cool. Only issues I have is putting money to work in this market right now at all time highs. I think it's way overdue for a 10-20% correction. Once that happens I personally will be deploying all my $. 

I've been depositing money into Webull, Robinhood, Stash, M1, SoFi, Coinbase and Charles Schwab without actually getting anything.

Because I know I'm just going to horde my savings account like I always do anyway, so this way when the time is right I'll have settled funds in all of them.

The only thing I'm actually putting anything into right now are automated IRAs.  One through work, one through SoFi.  This way if they don't perform well I can blame them, not me. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I've been depositing money into Webull, Robinhood, Stash, M1, SoFi, Coinbase and Charles Schwab without actually getting anything.

Because I know I'm just going to horde my savings account like I always do anyway, so this way when the time is right I'll have settled funds in all of them.

The only thing I'm actually putting anything into right now are automated IRAs.  One through work, one through SoFi.  This way if they don't perform well I can blame them, not me. 

I cannot recommend enough that you get out of Robinhood.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I cannot recommend enough that you get out of Robinhood.

I know, but I’ve heard horror stories of people trying to transfer their Robinhood stuff to other accounts.  I’m afraid of tipping my hand and letting Robinhood know I’m gonna get out.

I only have 30,000 in assets on there.  

On 7/17/2021 at 5:07 PM, Outpost31 said:

I know, but I’ve heard horror stories of people trying to transfer their Robinhood stuff to other accounts.  I’m afraid of tipping my hand and letting Robinhood know I’m gonna get out.

I only have 30,000 in assets on there.  

What’s there to be afraid of?

They’ve restricted trading multiple times and put out a statement saying they’d do it again. Vlad is still under investigation by the FBI who took his cell phone a little while ago. Crap company, crap leadership, and they’re doing some shady ish.  

Edited by kingseanjohn

lol I totally forgot about this. 

I'm planning to eventually transition my Robinhood account to TDA. I was using it to buy shares up each week and using the fractional buying. When I hit my target goal, I'll switch everything over. Then just use RH for recurring dividends. 

I'm trying to downsize my portfolio to invest more into my production company I'm developing. Every time I cut one out, I find another company I like. lol