Stock Investing

rickyt31

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Chances are the drugs they have in their pipelines failed some sort of test/or didn't give great results.  The two I'm watching (though they are much smaller biotechs) are pretty much even today

Looking briefly at a few now. CASI had a reverse split, ENOB cofounder arrested, REVB much like you mentioned.

Wild day in that dept.

On 6/1/2022 at 6:32 PM, Shockwave said:

You guys more brave then me. Bio-techs frighten me. So much volatility.. I'd much rather play an ETF.

Biotechs are fun speculative plays for me.  I'll never invest much into them, but don't mind rolling the dice for fun for small amounts

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Biotechs are fun speculative plays for me.  I'll never invest much into them, but don't mind rolling the dice for fun for small amounts

Same. Hear about a drug working through phases. So provides these boom or gloom days. Going up or down 20% in a day. Several have this week alone. Chaos breeds excitement.

But I never play much. Think the most Ive ever invested is in that 16-18 hundred range. And I lost 40% of that when I did. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

I bought a TSLA put and held it overnight as a YOLO play... that was an exciting ride. Made a nice chunk this morning. Wish I would have held longer TSLA sold off another $15 after I sold. 😵

3 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I bought a TSLA put and held it overnight as a YOLO play... that was an exciting ride. Made a nice chunk this morning. Wish I would have held longer TSLA sold off another $15 after I sold. 😵

Ya'll with your option plays are nuts to me 

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Ya'll with your option plays are nuts to me 

Well I mean risk 7K on a put or 70K shorting the equivalent in shares.... but yea options are not for the faint of heart. I usually just daytrade them. Very unusual for me to hold one overnight. Just had an inkling the market was going to pullback hard after yesterdays all day rally. Then I guess news came out about a hiring freeze at TSLA. Then the jobs number hit. Just a perfect storm.