Stock Investing

rickyt31

9 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

got some nvda at 163 this morning.  Been beaten down pretty good.  Think I can make a quick 10-20% in a month or so and hop out

I've been buying up the QQQ's but honestly tech is sooo oversold I think you will do well with NVDA. I just get nervous holding individual stocks. We're long overdue for a relief rally. 

On 5/23/2022 at 9:57 AM, bcb1213 said:

got some nvda at 163 this morning.  Been beaten down pretty good.  Think I can make a quick 10-20% in a month or so and hop out

Bought at 161 at open. Just dumped at 167.

Sitting around waiting for AMD to dip to the 80s.

7 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thats one Id be long term on. Currently settling on its floor. With plenty of growth coming.

There an entry point youre targeting?

I almost swooped in at 66 this morning.  I didn't want to go too semiconductor heavy with having NVDA right now.  With their earnings tonight, it is either gonna propel both tommorow and crater both.  Not gonna take the risk in this market

On 5/23/2022 at 7:28 PM, Shockwave said:

I've been buying up the QQQ's but honestly tech is sooo oversold I think you will do well with NVDA. I just get nervous holding individual stocks. We're long overdue for a relief rally. 

You collecting dividends till your nerves calm?

Im still day/swing. Which Im debating heading a little up your route with a couple end paying EFTs.

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I almost swooped in at 66 this morning.  I didn't want to go too semiconductor heavy with having NVDA right now.  With their earnings tonight, it is either gonna propel both tommorow and crater both.  Not gonna take the risk in this market

Good move. I got walloped holding 2 in gold, 3 mining total when diesel jumped.

20 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

You collecting dividends till your nerves calm?

Im still day/swing. Which Im debating heading a little up your route with a couple end paying EFTs.

I do both. I have an account in Fidelity for investing and an account at Interactive Brokers for day trading. Sadly my day trading account is far exceeding my investing these days...

On 5/23/2022 at 9:57 AM, bcb1213 said:

Bet we couldnt knock the smile off you with a hammer right now lol

💲💲💲

I bailed too soon. Congrats.

17 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Bet we couldnt knock the smile off you with a hammer right now lol

💲💲💲

I bailed too soon. Congrats.

Off to a good start now the hard part of where to sell at lol    I originally put a sell price at 189.50 

Edited by bcb1213

25 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Off to a good start now the hard part of where to sell at lol    I originally put a sell price at 189.50 

Wishing I kept that play. But, think people know me and Ford by now. Ford was still in that 12.50 range. After buying what I could Tuesday. I sent near everything else its way yesterday. So really cant complain. Im just stuck waiting out the wash rule cause I made the same play 2 weeks ago.

3 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I’m still baffled at how beaten cruise lines have been the last couple of months. How Carnival was a $31 stock last June to just $13 today and that’s with a 10% daily rise finally. I would think it’ll be back to $20 a share sooner than later.

Cruises have always been a bit gross and unsanitary. I think some people pay more attention to that now. Plus inflation is hitting people hard. Less disposable income to take cruises and other trips.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Cruises have always been a bit gross and unsanitary. I think some people pay more attention to that now. Plus inflation is hitting people hard. Less disposable income to take cruises and other trips.

Carnival just had a record booking day a couple of weeks ago i believe 

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Carnival just had a record booking day a couple of weeks ago i believe 

They also consume a lot of fuel. Plus the one rona boat where the majority of folks got stuck in their room for 10-14 days was really really bad PR