Raiders shopping Amari Cooper, Karl Joseph

BayRaider

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I wouldn’t go that far, Cooper will go weeks at a time dropping the football, and weeks at a time not dropping it. Very inconsistent hands, and he also needs to be open to make the catch.

Cooper IMO is the best route runner in football behind Antonio Brown though (and thats a big gap). Coopers route running, even in college, was better than 95% of NFL WRs. 

Adam Thielen has something to say about that.;)

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

The Raiders will regret it if they trade Cooper. That kid would be a stud with a team like the Rams, Saints, Eagles, etc.

I think both of those players could be really good still with the right situation and better positional coaching.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

1. Hire Chucky for 10 years.

2. Trade away all of your 1st round picks that have shown any sign of talent

3. ????

4. Profit

Total rebuild happens all the time in sports even if there was a few pretty solid players. We weren’t sniffing the SB with this roster, and we also werent gonna get a Top 10 pick. Starting fresh. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Total rebuild happens all the time in sports even if there was a few pretty solid players. We weren’t sniffing the SB with this roster, and we also werent gonna get a Top 10 pick. Starting fresh. 

I'm also a believer that you don't become an elite team by trading all of your talent players.

11 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm also a believer that you don't become an elite team by trading all of your talent players.

I see ghosts Derek Carr, Inconsistent Amari Cooper, Bust Karl Joseph?? These guys are untouchable?

Yeah we traded away a HoF in Mack unfortunately... but it didn’t make sense to pay 23M to a guy for 5 years when we wont be contenders for 4 years. The better play is to get better draft position. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I see ghosts Derek Carr, Inconsistent Amari Cooper, Bust Karl Joseph?? These guys are untouchable?

Yeah we traded away a HoF in Mack unfortunately... but it didn’t make sense to pay 23M to a guy for 5 years when we wont be contenders for 4 years. The better play is to get better draft position. 

I didnt think you guys were too far away. Were you Super Bowl contenders? No, but if you drafted well over the next 3 drafts, you'd be right in the hunt. I didn't think Oakland needed to blow it up and I certainly didn't like your decision to trade Khalil Mack.

Just now, BayRaider said:

Can’t handle pressure Derek Carr, Inconsistent Amari Cooper, Bust Karl Joseph?? These guys are untouchable?

If we hadn't traded Mack we would easily be 2-4!

Seriously we were a 6 win team once Mack left. Now that he is out there is nobody untouchable. Full rebuild.

Needs to happen on the offensive line too. We have high-paid players in a blocking scheme that doesn't fit the personnel. Could see Gabe Jackson, Osemele, or (lesser extent) Hudson traded...anyone with trade value could be gone.

Archived