Raiders shopping Amari Cooper, Karl Joseph

BayRaider

17 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Raiders seeking first-round pick in exchange for Amari Cooper, per @RapSheet

This makes more sense if they are seeking a first round pick in the CFL draft than it does in the NFL draft. 

Although it has to be mentioned, they're probably right in asking for this. Cooks notched a first round pick in a similar contract situation. The difference f course being that cooks hadn't underwhelmed nearly as badly as Cooper has the last couple of years. 

10 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Agreed.  Any team would be dumb to give that up.  My guess is 3rd as well.  Maybe 3rd and later pick like 5th or 6th if OAK is lucky.

you are trading for a contract as much as you are trading for a player. next year you may be able to draft a WR of similar quality and have contractual control for 5 years. using a 1st on Cooper gives you a good player for 1.5 years. 

Raiders fans keep defending the decisions being made here, but it's hard to mesh the worst roster in the NFL/full rebuild angle with Gruden's godawful free agency decisions in which he signed mostly washed up veterans on their last legs. Guys who weren't even better than the ones he let walk (this version of Nelson over Crabtree?). I mean, you could be right as to what the team needs or how bad it was. But that isn't what the Raiders/Gruden thought. I mean, you can't explain his choices otherwise.

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

Raiders fans keep defending the decisions being made here, but it's hard to mesh the worst roster in the NFL/full rebuild angle with Gruden's godawful free agency decisions in which he signed mostly washed up veterans on their last legs. Guys who weren't even better than the ones he let walk (this version of Nelson over Crabtree?). I mean, you could be right as to what the team needs or how bad it was. But that isn't what the Raiders/Gruden thought. I mean, you can't explain his choices otherwise.

Agree completely. It's almost Chip Kelly like the way he is showing :"Reggie's" guys the door. Guys like Edwards Jr. whom wasn't a bust 2nd round pick, but choosing to keep Frostee Rucker at 36 years old over him just doesn't make sense. 

Signed Brandon Lafell (30) to have him as a healthy scratch each week, makes no sense. Starting Rodgers-Cromartie (CB), Nelson (S), etc. over younger players. Getting rid of Crabtree for Nelson for the same price, another one that makes you ask why? 

Gruden is a terrible GM, that's not news. Just didn't expect it to happen this quickly that he would tear things apart. And no trust in him to rebuild it correctly. 

Here is the thing on Cooper. He's not a #1 WR. He need a complement and the Raiders have never given him that. He needs someone to stretch the field and give him room to run the intermediate routes. He's a legit #2. He will give you 1000+ yards, but he's inconsistent.

Archived