Raiders shopping Amari Cooper, Karl Joseph

BayRaider

Just now, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Or the Bills. Crap ton of money to spend, Young qb with no weapons. I thought Amari was gonna be the next big thing. Hasn’t done squat since the start of last year for some reason.

He put on a lot of weight last year, on purpose. He wanted to be like the AJ Greens, Odell Beckams, and Julio Jones of the world. Since his one flaw was he can’t catch if not open. It completely backfired on him, the one thing he’s really really exceptional at, route running, turned sluggish with no explosiveness.

Cooper will always be a elite route runner, needs to be open (almost always is), and has iffy hands but that’s correctable. That’s the receiver you get, without the weight.

Even during his first two years though Cooper was inconsistent. Either a huge game or one catch. I think he also really benefitted from Michael Crabtree those two years as well. Looking back in hindsight, Crabtree was a Low End WR1 those two years and Cooper was a High End WR2. A lot of fans thought Cooper was the better WR but Crabtree was definitely more complete. 

Cooper can still excel in the right system. He needs solid coaching, be the WR2, two other good WRs, and a solid QB. Cooper on the Eagles or Rams and he probably has 1400 yards. Eagles should look into a trade IMO. 

And Eagle fans I promise you won’t get another Nnamdi from us. That was your own FO’s fault though. Let’s take a Pro Bowl Man Coverage and Press Coverage Corner and put him in a primarily Off Man Coverage and Zone coverage scheme. What in the f***?

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Or the Bills. Crap ton of money to spend, Young qb with no weapons. I thought Amari was gonna be the next big thing. Hasn’t done squat since the start of last year for some reason.

Bills need so much help offensively that Amari probably wouldn't make them any better. They need to draft Noah Fant, Anthony Johnson,  Kelvin Harmon, and a good rb like Singletary. And probably an OL or 2. Dedicate the first 4 rounds entirely to offense and (try to) sign some D in free agency.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Bills need so much help offensively that Amari probably wouldn't make them any better. They need to draft Noah Fant, Anthony Johnson,  Kelvin Harmon, and a good rb like Singletary. And probably an OL or 2. Dedicate the first 4 rounds entirely to offense and (try to) sign some D in free agency.

Well yeah. That’s what all the cap space and top pick is for lol.

7 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Saints just put WR Ted Ginn on IR for the season. Wonder if that means they'll be in on the Amari Cooper trade talks

I've not been reading along on this thread but whats the general consensus on what Cooper's worth (?) or what it would take to get him? 

On 10/17/2018 at 10:41 PM, Silver&Black88 said:

Hey aren't you the guy I told Gruden needed more time before I would say he sucked? He's had time. Dude sucks.

He honestly reminds me of what Chip Kelly did to the Eagles. Come in, trade everybody, try to change the culture and get 'his guys' and left the team a disaster before he was fired. They both just seemed like guys who were/are so out of touch anything going on in the NFL.

The Raiders literally gave a guy 100m contract to come in and completely erase everything the Raiders had built up from years of sucking. He has benched their high draft picks in Conley/Joseph, traded their franchise defensive captain, put their #1 WR on the trade block and completely broke their franchise QB mentally. 

I dont know if a 16 y/o managing a Madden franchise could honestly do a worse job than what Gruden has done. 

Archived