Raiders shopping Amari Cooper, Karl Joseph

BayRaider

The Cowboys have been calling around to people who know the 24-year-old Cooper, gathering as much information as they can about him as they mull whether to make a move for the former first-round draft selection, according to sources.

The Cowboys are not alone; the Raiders have heard inquiries on Cooper from, among others, the Washington Redskins and Indianapolis Colts, according to a league source.

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

They better not pay a first for him. At most I am willing to offer a 2nd. We have too many other needs to offer more.

I think a second is reasonable given the contract situation, but lets be real, Cooks was traded for a first in the exact same contract situation, so I wouldn't rule it out. Cooper hasn't been as consistent as Cooks in his career, but from a comparable standpoint, I don't think it's far off. 

5 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

Would love to get Gareon Conley from them. I don't know if he's going to be any good, but a first round talent corner on a cheap rookie deal for a couple more years would be nice to have while the 49ers are rebuilding. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Would love to get Gareon Conley from them. I don't know if he's going to be any good, but a first round talent corner on a cheap rookie deal for a couple more years would be nice to have while the 49ers are rebuilding. 

I think Conley is the line in the sand for a lot of Raider fans since there is no reason to trade him unless a ridiculous offer is given.  Too much potential and time to develop to trade him.  It just shows that Gruden's ego is clouding his judgment.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

I think Conley is the line in the sand for a lot of Raider fans since there is no reason to trade him unless a ridiculous offer is given.  Too much potential and time to develop to trade him.  It just shows that Gruden's ego is clouding his judgment.

He really seems intent on washing the roster's hands of anything Reggie McKenzie related...which is kind of funny given that he's still there. 

Just now, Forge said:

He really seems intent on washing the roster's hands of anything Reggie McKenzie related...which is kind of funny given that he's still there. 

He is still hurt from people saying his Tampa Bay championship was Dungy's team.  The funny thing about that is if he was with the Raiders still they probably beat the Bucs in the Super Bowl.

Just now, Forge said:

I think a second is reasonable given the contract situation, but lets be real, Cooks was traded for a first in the exact same contract situation, so I wouldn't rule it out. Cooper hasn't been as consistent as Cooks in his career, but from a comparable standpoint, I don't think it's far off. 

It wouldn't be far off for Jerry who is a moron on trade value deals. But taking everything into account Cooper is not worth a 1st period. W/e he was drafted he simply hasn't come close to living up to that position. Cooks at the very least was traded on a pretty decent season.

Archived