Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

2 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

17911774_303.jpg

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What a bunch of hideous creatures.

Except for a couple.  A couple, maybe 3,4 could get it depending on my level of sobriety.

And if my wife gave me permission.

So none... none could get it.

2 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Yeah there is no middle ground with redheads they are either horrifyingly ugly or complete bombshells. I'd say 99% ugly to 1% hot but that 1% is giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah they’re pretty bad. I like a few guys in there but it’s few and far between.

Like others have said it looks like a defense mechanism. 

It's like poison dart frogs being bright colored to denote their dangerous nature to other animals.

59 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

It's like poison dart frogs being bright colored to denote their dangerous nature to other animals.

I thought the bonanza quote was in reference to the picture of the redheads. Not that it matters if he likes the dudes or not. I’m cool with it.

12 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What a bunch of hideous creatures.

Except for a couple.  A couple, maybe 3,4 could get it depending on my level of sobriety.

And if my wife gave me permission.

So none... none could get it.

I'm in to redheads bruh. I'd smash like 30% of the female ginger population.

95% of the male ginger population

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

19 of our 22 starters have been added to the roster since 2016, and the majority since 2017. Amazing how narratives on franchises change with a couple of good drafts.

Yeah, also good use of free agency and trades. 

Carrie, JC, Fells, Mitchell, Randall, Greg R, Perriman have all been extremely good signings 

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Carrie, JC, Fells, Mitchell, Randall, Greg R, Perriman have all been extremely good signings 

Yeah we haven't really flubbed anything up in free agency.

Bad moves:

Trading a 3rd round pick for Tyrod Taylor

Signing Carlos Hyde (although we did get a draft pick out of it)

That's it. And those moves weren't crippling by any means.

5 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah we haven't really flubbed anything up in free agency.

Bad moves:

Trading a 3rd round pick for Tyrod Taylor

Signing Carlos Hyde (although we did get a draft pick out of it)

That's it. And those moves weren't crippling by any means.

Tyrod was good in theory, I dont think he was helped by Todd at all, but yeah not worth a 3rd. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Tyrod was good in theory, I dont think he was helped by Todd at all, but yeah not worth a 3rd. 

I was mad at this. Tyrod Taylor sucks. He sucked in Buffalo and there was no reason to think he was going to magically get better. When teams are willing to trade you their starting QB for a mid round pick, it should tell you something. He was actually better than I thought he was going to be, which is sad. I was not on team Tyrod in the slightest.

That being said, I totally understand the move. We needed a veteran QB and they don't grow on trees. At least ones that can competitively play the game. It made sense, but I thought the price tag was way too high.

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

Hubbard is the most controversial of our fa acquisitions, he has played well but never dominates, and occasionally gets beat like a drum.

True. Although he's been a lot better later on in the year. I was shocked when I saw the amount of money we gave him honestly. I knew nothing about him other than he was a small backup OL for the Steelers and he got very good starter money. That seems like a mistake in hindsight, but he's not exactly terrible. Just a bland starter that will always be a fringe guy. We don't NEED to replace him, but I'd certainly like to upgrade there.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

I was mad at this. Tyrod Taylor sucks. He sucked in Buffalo and there was no reason to think he was going to magically get better. When teams are willing to trade you their starting QB for a mid round pick, it should tell you something. He was actually better than I thought he was going to be, which is sad. I was not on team Tyrod in the slightest.

That being said, I totally understand the move. We needed a veteran QB and they don't grow on trees. At least ones that can competitively play the game. It made sense, but I thought the price tag was way too high.

I watched his good games from last year, he was throwing to guys wide open. 

Watching Baker and him is as different as night and day.

8 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I watched his good games from last year, he was throwing to guys wide open. 

Watching Baker and him is as different as night and day.

Yeah. And if you watched his final two games of the season (final reg. season game & the Jacksonville playoff game), it would have made you sick. He made Lamar Jackson look like Peyton Manning. Couldn't complete a pass to save his life that wasn't a 1 yard flare route...and even those were adventures. I am amazed Buffalo got a 3rd round pick out of a guy they were likely to release.

5 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah. And if you watched his final two games of the season (final reg. season game & the Jacksonville playoff game), it would have made you sick. He made Lamar Jackson look like Peyton Manning. Couldn't complete a pass to save his life that wasn't a 1 yard flare route...and even those were adventures. I am amazed Buffalo got a 3rd round pick out of a guy they were likely to release.

He played well in the playoffs I think. Could be wrong. 

That is qb inflation though. 

I am hoping we get a 7th for Collins. From new England.

Archived