1. 1. yes

• offense sucks
    • Todd Haley sucks
    • don't kill Baker before we get our next coordinator
    • get duke the ball
    • give Chubb the rock
    • Todd Haley is good
    • more TE screens please

Greg Williams defense plays well at least once every two weeks. While Todd Haleys offense has probably only had one great game, vs Oakland. Even then he was bailed out somewhat by Chubb taking two runs to the house. I see two issues 

• incorrect utilization of our players based on their skill sets.

• playing the wrong guys.

here is a great example
      CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
    Duke Johnson Jr. 2 36 18.0 0 23
    Carlos Hyde 14 34 2.4 0 9
    Nick Chubb 3 25 8.3 0 19

both chubb and Duke had more than half the yards of Hyde on a singe carry. Duke has been grossly under utilized this year he is proving to be a more effective runner and receiver than Hyde, and as good a blocker as Hyde. 

duke got targeted today and produced as a receiver

Duke Johnson Jr. 4 73 18.3 0 32

It looks like Duke got 100+ APY inspite of Haley, not because of him. 

In his post game press conference Hue stated that they decided to attack the chargers on the outside, they have a strong secondary and a weak linebacking core. How to make a dumb game plan 101. Their game plan avoided all f our best defenders, M, Lary O, and Denzel Ward, they played away from those guys.

why not use the TE's and pas over the middle more, which Baker is capable of doing?

Landry and Njoku have been utilized oncorrect, Jarvis is running too many out and veetical routes and is not doing enough work over the middle.
Njoku looked great going long today. H is looked pretty bad whne he gets the ball behind the lien of scrmmage, I don' know why we throw the ball so much to stationary TE's, these guys that take a few steps to build up speed. It would be more beneficial t have RB's going out o the back field and giving them the ball before the blitz gets home, or throwing it to a WR.

Others have mentioned we aren't using slants and other short routes that a high completion % and get the ball in people hands. 

I am so frustrated by this stupid offense. 

How is everyone else doing? 

Haley hasn’t been good at all. I hope Hue accountable above all others though with the personnel end. He’s shown multiple times now with the media that he’s capable of identifying an issue with personnel out there. The result has remained unchanged. He either uses his own assistants as scapegoats or is incapable of controlling their decisions. Either option reflects poorly. 

I did expect more from Haley. There’s been little innovation and predictable game-planning. 

Haley has been an improvement imo.

We actually run the football now, we run more than just vertical routes, etc.  That said, we have a long way to go.

I think once these WR start actually making some plays though, the calls will look much better.

While the misuse of Duke and Chubb is on the coaches, the turnovers, pass blocking, holding onto the ball, etc is squarely on the players.

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Haley has been an improvement imo.

We actually run the football now, we run more than just vertical routes, etc.  That said, we have a long way to go.

I think once these WR start actually making some plays though, the calls will look much better.

While the misuse of Duke and Chubb is on the coaches, the turnovers, pass blocking, holding onto the ball, etc is squarely on the players.

I agree, Haley has been an improvement but his ability as an OC isn’t going to over come the bad blocking at times and the dropping of the passes.

he comes up with good schemes and he holds the players accountable. It comes down to the player executing. 

Right now this teams biggest issue is we have one truly receiving threat and it’s Jarvis. It’s jarvis who is a #1/#2 WR playing with a bunch of rookies. That is not going to spell great success. 

Just like our WR, Dorsey is dropping the ball on addressing the current talent level of that position and it’s hurting the team. The only excuse I can see is if he doesn’t want to invest anything into the group now cause he wants to do want he did last offseason for the next offseason and maybe get a guy through a trade like Landry and get a player through the draft. 

13 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I agree, Haley has been an improvement but his ability as an OC isn’t going to over come the bad blocking at times and the dropping of the passes.

he comes up with good schemes and he holds the players accountable. It comes down to the player executing. 

Lack of execution is always blamed on coaching on this board, but it’s not always the case.  Drops, penalties, etc aren’t on coaches.

Right now this teams biggest issue is we have one truly receiving threat and it’s Jarvis. It’s jarvis who is a #1/#2 WR playing with a bunch of rookies. That is not going to spell great success. 

I haven’t seen anything from Landry that couldn’t have been duplicated by Duke tbh.  If you’re paying a WR 15 per year, he’d better have a game every now and then where he’s throwing the offense on his back.  Haven’t seen anything close to that yet.

Just like our WR, Dorsey is dropping the ball on addressing the current talent level of that position and it’s hurting the team. The only excuse I can see is if he doesn’t want to invest anything into the group now cause he wants to do want he did last offseason for the next offseason and maybe get a guy through a trade like Landry and get a player through the draft. 

There’s no reason to not address the talent now and in the off-season.  Landry is an established slot guy and Higgins looks like a viable WR, but that’s about it. Calloway has flashed, but take away his two big plays and he’s got 13 receptions for 80 yards in 6 weeks, mostly as a starter.

Unless Dez’s legs are gone, he has to be brought in imo.  They need someone, anyone, to go out and make a play.

54 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think possibly an even bigger issue than our bad receivers are our unstable pass blocking ‘led’ by a high priced swing tackle that’s masquerading as a starter. 

He is only high priced if he stays longer than a year. His 2019 year becomes fully guaranteed 3rd league day of 2019. So if he shows very little improvement. He is gone

@LETSGOBROWNIES I agreed Jarvis needs to have a game every time out when he is playing. It seems like the worse the WR room got with each injury, teams are just blanketing Jarvis with there best coverages and forcing the likes of Willies and Ratley to beat them. For a DC that is a smart move. Browns need to help Jarvis because teams will just take him away. 

Our WRs and OLine have been SIGNIFICANTLY more disappointing than Haley IMO. These dudes can't block, get open, or catch the ball. It's a problem. I don't understand why we won't bring in Dez. He won't be getting open any better than our other guys, but at least he'll make tough, contested catches.

Archived