Potential Trade Block Players

SteelKing728

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Who in the eff would want RGIII?

Hence my saying nobody would trade anything that would make the Ravens deal him away.  He's worth more to them as a backup/insurance than a conditional 7th or whatever they could get from him.

Just now, ET80 said:

Given the measurements, the "#1 pick" pedigree and the occasional blow-up game where he looks the part, I think a 3rd is very doable.

No team cares about the #1 pick notion 4 years after they've been drafted. 
Do you think teams valued Eric Fisher very highly last year?

Just now, Danger said:

Eric Fisher has been average to below average. Clowney is two seasons removed from an All Pro nod. 

I'll phrase it like this then - if Khalil Mack (who is the superior player) is going for two first round picks, Clowney isn't going for anything less than a 3rd. Better?

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

A team that's currently playing Nathan Peterman or Case Keenum (about to be Chad Kelly)?

But honestly RGIII's stock peaked in the preseason and it doesn't seem to have garnered any interest. I doubt he goes anywhere.

He's injured all the time, which is the big problem. He's no longer a young QB with great upside. He's just not dependable or reliable. Nobody's trading for him, as you said.

Just now, ET80 said:

Eric Fisher has been average to below average. Clowney is two seasons removed from an All Pro nod. 

I'll phrase it like this then - if Khalil Mack (who is the superior player) is going for two first round picks, Clowney isn't going for anything less than a 3rd. Better?

I did make one mistake, ESPN is stupid and puts the players stats by year in descending order. I thought his play was on the decline 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16734/jadeveon-clowney

So I was confusing his rookie year with this year. Thought his best year was his second season (which was actually last year) oops

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Except that was a horrible draft class and he hasn't really flashed as being anything but average. Clowney has shown flashes of being a DPOY kind of a player. At the 2nd most important position in football. I have no doubt that the Texans could get a 3rd for him. I'd consider moving a 2nd for him to be honest.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

Except that was a horrible draft class and he hasn't really flashed as being anything but average. Clowney has shown flashes of being a DPOY kind of a player. At the 2nd most important position in football. I have no doubt that the Texans could get a 3rd for him. I'd consider moving a 2nd for him to be honest.

Said above that I was confused by something silly.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I did make one mistake, ESPN is stupid and puts the players stats by year in descending order. I thought his play was on the decline 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16734/jadeveon-clowney

So I was confusing his rookie year with this year. Thought his best year was his second season (which was actually last year) oops

He's steadily improved, but is totally inconsistent this season. Mike Vrabel's departure is really showing - Vrabel was brought in to be the LB coach, but a more accurate title would have been "Jadevion Clowney's personal handler".

Combine that with a contract situation where people are thinking "top 5 contract" and you'll have a situation where you might need to cash out now while the getting is good.

Texans would be wise to trade him - because if Clowney goes the FA route, Tennessee is gonna get a mighty fine pass rusher to send after Deshaun Watson 2x a year.

Just now, ET80 said:

He's steadily improved, but is totally inconsistent this season. Mike Vrabel's departure is really showing - Vrabel was brought in to be the LB coach, but a more accurate title would have been "Jadevion Clowney's personal handler".

Combine that with a contract situation where people are thinking "top 5 contract" and you'll have a situation where you might need to cash out now while the getting is good.

Texans would be wise to trade him - because if Clowney goes the FA route, Tennessee is gonna get a mighty fine pass rusher to send after Deshaun Watson 2x a year.

Would Tennessee break the bank for him? I feel like they have a lot of resources at OLB right now. My bet is someone else would throw top dollar his way.

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Would Tennessee break the bank for him? I feel like they have a lot of resources at OLB right now. My bet is someone else would throw top dollar his way.

I thought they had a respectable CB tandem in Adoree Jackson and Logan Ryan, but that didn't stop them from dumping a boatload of money on Malcolm Butler.

Much like CB, you can never have too many pass rushers, and Clowney can be lined up anywhere - I've seen him line up at NT and rush the A gap with effectiveness. 

He's a very unique piece to a front seven - just too inconsistent (unless he's with Vrabel, then he's blowing up runs all over the place).

EDIT: You're probably right though, someone would pay him Donald/Mack money.

26 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Given the measurements, the "#1 pick" pedigree and the occasional blow-up game where he looks the part, I think a 3rd is very doable.

I wonder if Mike Zimmer could do anything with him?  The Vikings are very thin on edge rushers right now.

EDIT: Money would probably be a disqualifier for us.  :(

Archived