Potential Trade Block Players

SteelKing728

Jets and Chandler Jones have been linked.  Wonder what ARI thinks his value is.  He a really good player in his prime at 28 and Mack went for 2 first and is only a year younger.  I know Mack is the better player but is Jones value at a 1st or less?

8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Jets and Chandler Jones have been linked.  Wonder what ARI thinks his value is.  He a really good player in his prime at 28 and Mack went for 2 first and is only a year younger.  I know Mack is the better player but is Jones value at a 1st or less?

I wouldnt take less than a 1st. Hes playing at a DPOY candidate level thus season.

2 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Hilton has missed the last 2 games with a hamstring injury (actually listed on the injury report as chest/hamstring) 

not sure how far he is from playing but he might not pass a physical by the trade deadline. 

That sucks but would you say that’s a decent deal? I mean this is me talking I doubt the Chargers trade for a WR this season anyways. 

Demaryius Thomas would be an obvious target for DEN to trade, as Courtland Sutton has the profile to play the X, and this would allow DeSean Hamilton to get onto the field more as the 3rd receiver.   His contract is obviously problematic for cap-strapped teams, and the fact he's more of a possession, box-out type WR now (and not to mention the switch to a different O, terminology, system, etc.).   We'd be likely just dumping him for salary relief (and we might even need to convert some $ to a bonus to get teams to bite).   

Shane Ray and Shaq Barrett are 2 EDGE's who will be UDFA's at the end of the year, so while we could get comp picks, it's not likely they will command huge $ that is needed for an end-of-3rd or even end-of-4th comp pick in 2020.   So I could see a 5th rd pick getting Elway to sell now, and pass rush help is always in high demand, so there's probably some smoke here.   Ray's got a HAS though, so that could complicate things, as it's iffy if he'd be ready to play before the Oct. 30th deadline.

If teams want some of the DEN players, though, a L to ARI tomorrow is key - play @KC next week, and a 2-6 record would make Elway very approachable on trading guys for 2019.   Win vs. ARI at 3-4, and it still should be sell mode, but that's a harder PR move for Elway, given he mistakenly played this offseason like a win-now year (which was ridiculous,  but it's part of the DEN culture, since we're so unused to losing seasons, can't recognize when a multi-year rebuild is necessary until it slaps us in the face, which it's doing right now..the question is how long until the FO waives the white flag on 2018 - most of FF's DEN fanbase was there a while ago lol).

Archived