Checking in with Trubisky

WindyCity

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah they got screwed alright, screwed by their HC that is, because their two best weapons touched the ball under 10 times in the second half, but go ahead and blame the refs. I just read two game reviews from two different Giants writers and not one mentioned deficiencies from the refs.

They did only have 22 offensive plays in the second half.

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah they got screwed alright, screwed by their HC that is, because their two best weapons touched the ball under 10 times in the second half, but go ahead and blame the refs. I just read two game reviews from two different Giants writers and not one mentioned deficiencies from the refs.

You can be so obtuse. I don't care who carried the ball or who wrote what in any article. The Refs screwed them today. Again watch the game.

2 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

They did only have 22 offensive plays in the second half.

Maybe because they weren’t putting it in the hands of their best players to extend drives.

3 plays, -4 yards (Barkley & Beckham combine for 2 touches)

5 plays, 7 yards (no touches for either)

3 plays, -10 yards (no touches for either)

8 plays, 56 yards (Barkley & Beckham combine for 4 touches)

3 plays, 7 yards (Barkley & Beckham combine for 1 touch)

It’s like the drive where those two touched the ball most resulted in the Giants best drive of the half or something!

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You can be so obtuse. I don't care who carried the ball or who wrote what in any article. The Refs screwed them today. Again watch the game.

I’m obtuse yet here you are blaming the refs.

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Maybe because they weren’t putting it in the hands of their best players to extend drives.

3 plays, -4 yards (Barkley & Beckham combine for 2 touches)

5 plays, 7 yards (no touches for either)

3 plays, -10 yards (no touches for either)

8 plays, 56 yards (Barkley & Beckham combine for 4 touches)

3 plays, 7 yards (Barkley & Beckham combine for 1 touch)

It’s like the drive where those two touched the ball most resulted in the Giants best drive of the half or something!

I’m obtuse yet here you are blaming the refs.

In the second half Barkley had 5 touches for 11 yards, wasn't doing much any ways probably because Philly was aiming to stop him.

Beckham was targeted 4 times with 2 catches, Eli was sacked 2 times. The offense wasn't doing much of anything that game and didn't really have a chance to get things rolling. And also this was Philly's Super Bowl game also, they don't win this game and they continue their downward spiral.

3 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

In the second half Barkley had 5 touches for 11 yards, wasn't doing much any ways probably because Philly was aiming to stop him.

Beckham was targeted 4 times with 2 catches, Eli was sacked 2 times. The offense wasn't doing much of anything that game and didn't really have a chance to get things rolling. And also this was Philly's Super Bowl game also, they don't win this game and they continue their downward spiral.

You’re right. Their OL isn’t very good. I get wanting to stop Barkley in the run game but when someone is as versatile as he is, those coaches have to be able to find a way to get him in space.

Whichever team lost was going to be finished, dreams dashed, hopes crushed, whatever cliche we want to use. Hopefully the Giants pack it in now :)

10 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

You’re right. Their OL isn’t very good. I get wanting to stop Barkley in the run game but when someone is as versatile as he is, those coaches have to be able to find a way to get him in space.

Whichever team lost was going to be finished, dreams dashed, hopes crushed, whatever cliche we want to use. Hopefully the Giants pack it in now :)

Barkley IMO is most talented all around back in the league.  If he played for Bears, Rams, NO or KC it would be clear.  

2 hours ago, G08 said:

It sounds like we are being extremely cautious.

Doing the maths:

Biscuit's last start: 11/18/18

Biscuit's potential next start: 12/9/18 (Rams)

That's 20 days of rest for the kid.

The Giants game is too important to simply rest him.

If the Bears lose to the Giants there is a good chance they need to go 2/3 against the Packers, Vikings and Rams to clinch the division.

18 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The Giants game is too important to simply rest him.

If the Bears lose to the Lions there is a good chance they need to go 2/3 against the Packers, Vikings and Rams to clinch the division.

You mean Giants.  Yes, if he can go effectively he will go. 

Not sure why Nagy is so honest about injuries.  Why he told Lions MT wasn’t playing I don’t know.  I wouldn’t tell Giants one way or other either.

Let them prepare for both.  

Archived