Checking in with Trubisky

WindyCity

19 hours ago, topwop1 said:

One thing that no one is mentioning about Trubs is how him running the ball might be more of a detriment than an advantage long term.  Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that he is super mobile and agile, and the hit by Harrison was dirty regardless, but he either needs to tone it down on the running part or learn how to slide better because if he continues at this rate it's only inevitable he will suffer a more serious injury.  See Wentz last year.

Which hit are we assuming it was? Was it when Trubisky got hit when he was sliding? 

9 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Which hit are we assuming it was? Was it when Trubisky got hit when he was sliding? 

He was hurt on the play where he got hit late by Harrison Smith.  If you watch the play closely you can see how he slides awkwardly on his front right shoulder and Smith actually hits him on his left shoulder.  For as cheap as it was, I personally don't believe the late hit but Smith caused the injury, but rather Mitch's poor slide.  If you are going to run the football as a QB then you need to slide feet first at all times, and not shoulders first.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

He was hurt on the play where he got hit late by Harrison Smith.  If you watch the play closely you can see how he slides awkwardly on his front right shoulder and Smith actually hits him on his left shoulder.  For as cheap as it was, I personally don't believe the late hit but Smith caused the injury, but rather Mitch's poor slide. If you are going to run the football as a QB then you need to slide feet first at all times, and not shoulders first.

True. At least it wasn't on the double hit when he was already down, and touched. I simply couldn't believe the refs didn't call that. Actually can't believe how horribly the game was officiated overall. It was like the crew had money on the Vikings covering the spread...

On 11/21/2018 at 11:30 AM, RunningVaccs said:

Incorrect, I mention it like crazy every time he takes off and everyone is sick of me saying it.  Had my neighbors kid look at me and say "he's going to be OK don't worry man."  Kids 5. 

QB is risky enough without all the scrambles.  

Whether Nagy asks him to pull it back a little bit in the future probably depends on how much this injury costs the Bears.  He can say "be you" all you want, but if he misses more than Lions I bet Nagy gets in his ear after 10's next bail-out run.

He does seem to usually try and get down, but usually isn't always. If he's taking on a tackler to make a late 3rd and 2 in the NFC championship, I get it. Otherwise, live to play another day.

The detriment is that while he makes yards and plays with his feet, instead of his head and arm. Adding Mack has made this team ready to contend this season so I kind of get Trubisky wanting to make plays now. I'd almost rather he chucks a couple of throws out of bounds and gives up a few yards or a first down than keep running so often.

17 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

That's so sad.  That secondary is not getting better

Saw a tweet yesterday I thought was funny on Cooper being claimed by DET.  Lions are such an inept organization that they can't even get stealing our defensive playbook from a former player right. xD

RT @AdamSchefter: After missing the Thanksgiving game vs. the Lions, Bears QB Mitchell Trubisky is hopeful to play next Sunday vs. Giants but it is not certain he will and missing one more game is possible, per source. If he were to miss that one, he would be expected to return the following week.

Archived