Checking in with Trubisky

WindyCity

18 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I saw that too. The level of hypocrisy is ridiculous. If Goff had these exact numbers he would have been a god, but Tru is a fluke. 9_9

To be fair, the criticism was/is justified up until late.

The comparisons of Goff/McVay need to stop. Seriously. And not just for Mitch. For ANY QB. This has become the new "compare every team to the Patriots".

3 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

To be fair, the criticism was/is justified up until late.

The comparisons of Goff/McVay need to stop. Seriously. And not just for Mitch. For ANY QB. This has become the new "compare every team to the Patriots".

The reason I mentioned Goff was simply because the OP yomyo referred to was by a fairly opinionated Rams fan, nothing more. The bias is enough that some of them would give far more credit to Goff in that abortion he called a rookie year (of course not solely on him, he was in a hopeless situation until McVay and a lot of talent was added in the offseason) than Trubisky is being given this year. Even if everything would have been completely identical except the jersey and helmet then the players would still have received massively different reviews.

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

This stat from the @billbarnwell & @WillBrinson podcast: #Bears Mitchell Trubisky is on pace to become only the second QB ever to pass for 3500+ yards, throw 30+ TDs and run for 600+ yards. The only other? Cam Newton during his MVP 2015 season.

So does Barnwell now recognize that Trubisky will be on the roster in 2020, or does he still think hes Bortles.

11 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I keep trying to "like" this twice, but can't figure out how...

I'm low maintenance. You can like any of the other posts. Lol

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Michael Lombardi has been epicly quiet.

He's upset right now. He went to color in his coloring book and realized he already ate all of the crayons. 

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Mitch has a chance over the next 4 games to effectively end this narrative completely. 

Don't underestimate the stupidity of the masses. He can have a great year and people will say it was the Peyton Hillis fluke season for a QB. 

On 11/12/2018 at 1:10 PM, yomyyo said:

Thus far, I'm sold on Nagy. The creativity of the offense scheme alone – not to mention how hard the team is playing – speaks well of his tenure. On nearly every play, multiple WRs are running free. None of us (excepting maybe Chicago Al) was alive the last time the Bears had an inventive offense. I can't wait to see the Vikings game; it will be a bellwether contest for both teams. 

Couldn't you say this about Trestman's big year, too?

Something something counting chickens.....

Lombardi was on ESPN 1000 and doubled down on his ridiculousness.

Here are some rebuttals

I thought it would be worth talking about some of the nonsense that Michael Lombardi was talking about on @WaddleandSilvy 

"Mitch is throwing to wide open WRs"

Mitch has the 6th highest tight window throw percentage in the league at 19%.

For context, Mahomes is 34th at 11.3%.

Archived