Checking in with Trubisky

WindyCity

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Daniels is a stud...

He is.

But bad technique by other O linemen really bother me.  Leno, Massie and whoever was playing RG had lazy technique in a lot of high lights I saw throughout the season.

You are pros!  Act like it.  Bend your Fing knees, straighten your back and move your feet.

I get if you weigh over 300 and are over 6'3 its hard, but you have to work on it.

Mitch getting a primary RB who’s a factor in both the run and pass game IMO will open up PA significantly more and will make the screen game a much bigger factor. I think Howard’s limitations at least somewhat hamstrung Nagy this year. It was evident to me with Mizzell and Cunningham got reps over him in relevant situations. 

Also, hopefully with a full year under his belt we will be more confident running more of what we saw in the second half of the playoff game. Specifically, double moves. Some of that is having the time for them, but showing that with moderate regularity (a few times a game is plenty) is going to keep teams from jumping the shorter routes. That fill-in CB on Robinson looked half way decent until we forced him to defend the whole route tree. Once we did he was TOAST. We need more of that in year 2. 

14 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Mitch getting a primary RB who’s a factor in both the run and pass game IMO will open up PA significantly more and will make the screen game a much bigger factor. I think Howard’s limitations at least somewhat hamstrung Nagy this year. It was evident to me with Mizzell and Cunningham got reps over him in relevant situations. 

Also, hopefully with a full year under his belt we will be more confident running more of what we saw in the second half of the playoff game. Specifically, double moves. Some of that is having the time for them, but showing that with moderate regularity (a few times a game is plenty) is going to keep teams from jumping the shorter routes. That fill-in CB on Robinson looked half way decent until we forced him to defend the whole route tree. Once we did he was TOAST. We need more of that in year 2. 

Bryce Love tore his ACL so he's falling down draft boards... would you burn a low 3rd rounder on him? I'd stash him on the PUP list and then ease him into the offense later in the season. The kid can take over in 2020...

14 minutes ago, G08 said:

Bryce Love tore his ACL so he's falling down draft boards... would you burn a low 3rd rounder on him? I'd stash him on the PUP list and then ease him into the offense later in the season. The kid can take over in 2020...

I’m not very high on Bryce Love and that was before the ACL. He was really productive in 2017 but underwhelming this year, and I don’t see elite traits personally. RB prospects are the main focus of my college all star game watching though. Looking for that NEXT Kareem Hunt. 

The two guys I really like are Joshua Jacobs and Elijah Holyfield. I’ve seen both really high and low grades on Jacobs and Bama backs (outside of Ingram) haven’t fared well of late in the NFL, and I don’t know that Holyfield can do enough in the passing game. Both have gigantic upside IMO. Jacobs is my guy though. 

@AZBearsFan with Love I think they switched from a power/gap scheme to a zone scheme and it wasn't something the OL was used to, nor the player. I don't know if I buy the 4.35 speed they cite on him, but regardless I think you can play him around 205 lbs and have a 4.45 guy. If we don't go after Hunt I'd take a look at this kid, was considered a first round pick last season IIRC.

On 1/15/2019 at 6:07 PM, AZBearsFan said:

The lack of run/screen game has really slowed down Mitches growth. Once we solve this issue I expect big things from him next year.

30+ TDs, under 15 ints, 3,500 yards or over 

1 hour ago, Nads786 said:

The lack of run/screen game has really slowed down Mitches growth. Once we solve this issue I expect big things from him next year.

30+ TDs, under 15 ints, 3,500 yards or over 

At piggyback on this, we had one of the worst PA passing games in football. Imagine what that will do to our offense and his production once we get a running game...

None of that is going to happen unless the OL play improves.  How many times did we see Howard run straight into some linebacker that blew past one of our tackles?

Realistically I'm expecting the defense to slide next year, but it's fine by so long as the offense continues to gel and improve. In order for that to happen the OL needs to play better, and Nagy needs to either adapt to Howards style of running or get a new RB. 

3 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

None of that is going to happen unless the OL play improves.  How many times did we see Howard run straight into some linebacker that blew past one of our tackles?

Realistically I'm expecting the defense to slide next year, but it's fine by so long as the offense continues to gel and improve. In order for that to happen the OL needs to play better, and Nagy needs to either adapt to Howards style of running or get a new RB. 

I think as much as the OL could play better Howard just isn't a great fit in a power scheme...in a zone scheme he sees a hole and gets vertical...in a power scheme he is expected to make a guy miss and that's just not his game.

Archived