Extend Mike McCarthy?

incognito_man

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Anybody see McCarthy's press conference last night?

Looked like he was channelling Winston Moss.  Not sure what was up with that.  I haven't seen him do that before.

I missed it.  What do you mean by channeling Winston Moss?

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Anybody see McCarthy's press conference last night?

Looked like he was channelling Winston Moss.  Not sure what was up with that.  I haven't seen him do that before.

It was like four questions .. four quick answers .. then he bolted.  We are way overdue for a change at HC.  We've become a mediocre NFL team who can't win on the road any longer. 

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I missed it.  What do you mean by channeling Winston Moss?

Like Family Ghost said- about 4 questions with short terse answers and then just walks out after the fourth without any warning.

To me he looked angry, which may of just been frustration, but it made me wonder if Murphy told him they were firing him this week.  

I don't think they did, but he usually is more patient with the process after a loss.

8 hours ago, Gopher Trace said:

Some of you folks are slow but it's okay, I believe in you guys!!

Meanwhile, interesting clip I saw on teh Twitterz...

https://twitter.com/AronYohannes/status/1059150368955817984

Interesting listen.

On one side, he’s right that we don’t scheme our players open. On the other, he’s completely wrong about WRs not having outlier years. Jordy and Cobb had one when they were the only stable WRs a few years ago, and Adams is having one this year. Jennings is just salty still about how it went down with GB and him. Sounds like a kid you took away his toy and he’s complaining still about not getting to play with it. 

11 minutes ago, blankman0021 said:

Interesting listen.

On one side, he’s right that we don’t scheme our players open. On the other, he’s completely wrong about WRs not having outlier years. Jordy and Cobb had one when they were the only stable WRs a few years ago, and Adams is having one this year. Jennings is just salty still about how it went down with GB and him. Sounds like a kid you took away his toy and he’s complaining still about not getting to play with it. 

I thought he came off better in this deal than he has in the past.  He admitted that MM is a very good coach and will not be unemployed for long if he becomes available, but you could tell that he thinks GB needs a change.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I thought he came off better in this deal than he has in the past.  He admitted that MM is a very good coach and will not be unemployed for long if he becomes available, but you could tell that he thinks GB needs a change.

I think GB does need a change. That’s not to say McCarthy is the only problem, but if the team wanted him... they’d play for him. And it’s been the same issues the last 5-6 years on how inconsistent this team is.

similar to when Ted took over... I think in his second year Gute will be conducting a HC search. I think this team clearly has the attitude and vibe of a team that needs a complete reset.

5 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I think GB does need a change. That’s not to say McCarthy is the only problem, but if the team wanted him... they’d play for him. And it’s been the same issues the last 5-6 years on how inconsistent this team is.

similar to when Ted took over... I think in his second year Gute will be conducting a HC search. I think this team clearly has the attitude and vibe of a team that needs a complete reset.

Also, if the brass wanted McCarthy long term he'd probably have several years remaining on his deal right now.  

1 minute ago, Howler said:

Any scuttlebutt on twitter about likely successors? This stuff finds a way out.

Haven't heard a thing, but I bet John DeFillipo would be a major candidate.  He and Pettine have a strong relationship .. worked together in Cleveland when Pettine was head coach.  Pettine could be a candidate, but I think he's on record saying he did not want to be a head coach again.

Archived